Health Warnings.

#1 Edited by Jasta (2217 posts) -

So I'm rather late in getting to play this game as I only aquired myself a PS3 a few days ago. The game is great but I cant help but notice that there are so many occasions the game tries to get me to stop playing. I can understand why it discourages smoking as Snake pretty much eats a cigarette while its installing, but telling me to stop after 2am, after I've been playing for a certain amount of time, telling me to play in a lit room sitting as far back as possible, even giving me suggestions as to how I should rest my eyes during these breaks.

Now I know these are all reasonable things to suggest as some people (myself included) play for a ridiculous amount of time and at all hours of the day, but why did they cram their game full of these messages? Where they under some kind of pressure or is it just Kojima being Kojima? (you know...a little odd.)

Any ideas? 

#2 Posted by kingcopper (46 posts) -

I always assumed it was Kojima being Kojima. 

#3 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

I thought it was a reference to MGS 2

#4 Posted by shiptoncraig (149 posts) -

To me it just seemed like they were breaking the fourth wall just for the purpose of breaking the fourth wall.

#5 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -
@kingcopper: 
Why are you bumping 6 months old threads about MGS?
#6 Posted by mustachioeugene (500 posts) -

Another helpful HideoHealth™ tip;
Take a thermometer, plug it in to controller port two and you can beat Psycho Mantis if you don't have a fever.

#7 Posted by kingcopper (46 posts) -
@CrazyChris: ? I didn't go out of my way to bump this. I saw it on the front page of this board and posted, I didnt even realize it was old. :D
#8 Edited by Jasta (2217 posts) -

@kingcopper:

It goes to show that I was probably the last person to look at this section of the forums until you posted 6 months and 2 weeks later. =P

#9 Posted by copycatzen (816 posts) -

Those warnings probably saved my life, back in the day when I used to play that game for insane amounts of time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.