Help! Fighting Vamp. I'm going to break the disk in half.

#1 Posted by Paliv (127 posts) -

Okay,  Chalk it up to me being terrible at game if you will.  I can't CQC Vamp once I get his psych down and he's on the ground to save my life.  Am I doing something wrong?  I walk up and try to CQC him as he's getting up and either I hit nothing but air or he hits me, and then of course he gets all of his life bar back.  I nearly took the disk out an broke it in half.  I think instead I will just never finish it an never care.

#2 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Are you HOLDING R1?  

You also need to get his health down.  

You are saying both Psych and Health here so I am not sure which you are really getting all the way down. He should do a little spin and youll be able to grab em. WITH the syringe equipped .  

He will go down fully and when he starts to get up. Get behind him and grab em. 

#3 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

GEt behind him quickly when you eventually get him down, then keep holding R1 and you should do the stab thing.

#4 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -

use the syringe to stop his (wait for it) .........................nanomachines. Just equip it, wait until he falls on his arse use this time to get behind him, then grab him as he gets up, stick him, presto.

#5 Posted by Paliv (127 posts) -

Okay, so I was getting his health down, then his phsych, after which he would fall down and slowly get back up.  I was tapping R1 however, though I did have the syringe equipped.  I'm guessing tapping R1 instead of holding it is my mistake...which would make me feel quite a fool.

#6 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I love that this topic exists in 2010.

#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Paliv said:
" Okay, so I was getting his health down, then his phsych, after which he would fall down and slowly get back up.  I was tapping R1 however, though I did have the syringe equipped.  I'm guessing tapping R1 instead of holding it is my mistake...which would make me feel quite a fool. "
You need to hold it. 
#8 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -
@Paliv:  
Just checking, make sure you have a cqc weapon equipped too.
#9 Posted by Paliv (127 posts) -

Yeah, the knife.  I think it is all because I wasn't holding R1...about to try it.  The fight isn't actually that hard.  I got him down like 10 times before I ran out of rations each time, just made a dumb mistake I guess.

#10 Posted by Paliv (127 posts) -

Yep, that was my mistake.  Wow, that was stupid.  Thanks for the help everybody.  
@ LordXavierBritish: 
I picked up a PS3 to compliment my XBOX after finishing grad school.  I think this mistake was worse than my last paper...well not quite.  But yeah, I'm a little late on the bus with this one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.