Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

Is it just my copy or?

gazcrawfo8692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gazcrawfo8692

hi gamers, iv recently purchased mgs4 an i cant help but notice that when theres alot of action on screen such as smoke effects, multiple enemies engaged in gun battle etc (such as in the middle east just after the part when u meet the remote control mk2) that the frame rate seems to dip, im just worried whether its my copy of the game or its a normal occurence. thanks guys let me know

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Nice madlibs bro.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Baillie

Nope, mine works fine.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Benny

Not sure what's going on here but it's not genuine.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ShaggE

For this and all future variations of this: No. No, it's not just your copy. Everybody has the frame drops in MGS4, everybody has the same controls in Killzone 2, everybody's copy of Big Bumpin' doubles as a drink coaster.

Edit: Wow, why was I being such a dick when I posted this four months ago? My belated apologies.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By 49th

I don't recall it being too laggy, I'm sure it's not just your game. I believe their was a patch to let you install the whole game, turns out you don't have PSN though?

I think the best advice would be to just connect your console to the internet, they have all these patches for a reason.

Are you living 5 years in the past?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Yes when all of your games experience frame rate issues makes sure to make threads for every single game.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Hizang

I haven't played it since it came out, so no idea if a later patch messed it up.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think there can be some a slight slowdown if you mow down hundreds of enemies during the South America mission. But, the game was never patched for bugs.

The only patch that was ever put up was the Trophy patch. And, there might have been one prior to lock out the MGS Online screen that is now gone completely (but that happened after I downloaded the trophy patch, so no idea if that was part of that.)

The game is about as bug free as game can possibly be. I've never ran into a single one after like 15 playthoughs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.