just beat metal gear solid 4..(spoiler free)

Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

i...i can't feel anything..my mind hurts

its going to take a while for my brain to comprehend that ending but in the meantime..can someone recommend some good, cheap ps3 games to get while i digest this mess?

#1 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

i...i can't feel anything..my mind hurts

its going to take a while for my brain to comprehend that ending but in the meantime..can someone recommend some good, cheap ps3 games to get while i digest this mess?

#2 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

Burnout Paradise, you dont even have to get out of your chair... download off PSN ftw!

I think Uncharted is cheaper now too...

#3 Posted by Tireyo (6447 posts) -

HHhhhmmmm, watch the ending again online.

I can't give you any recommendations on PS3 games, but I can one Wii Game.

Mercury Meltdown Revolution

#4 Posted by ahriman22 (2746 posts) -

MGS4 made sense. You're weird...

Download FFVII off the PSN store.

#5 Edited by luce (4045 posts) -
@ahriman22 said:
" MGS4 made sense. You're weird...Download FFVII off the PSN store. "
ok one: i never said it didn't make sense i just didn't quite understand it at first..and two

hell no

im not into FFVII..im looking for a cheap ps3 game
#6 Edited by Daryl (1781 posts) -

Lego Star Wars.

edit: Just check http://www.cheapassgamer.com/ for current deals tbh.

#7 Posted by Milkman (17070 posts) -

I'll spare you the analysis. The ending sucked. Ass. Now you can stop thinking about it.

#8 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

The ending is sooooo long and such an anti climax.

#9 Posted by ChopperDave47 (78 posts) -
@luce:
devil may cry 4 is a good ps3 game, you can find it used for about 10 bucks right now if you look.

and yeah, i agree, that ending was kind of hard to wrap around, but it was still awesome.
#10 Posted by Meptron (1087 posts) -
@luce:
If you haven't played Oblivion yet it's dirt cheap right now.
#11 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles (strat RPG), Uncharted (action shooter), Heavenly Sword (action brawler), and Folklore (action RPG).

Out of all of those, I would strongly recommend Folklore. It's a really good and underrated game.

#12 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

thank you for the feedback

to those who recommended devil may cry 4 and oblivion, i had xbox360 at one point and played both those games.
they are indeed very awesome =}

i guess my choices boil down to uncharted, valkyria chronicles, ninja gaiden sigma, and fallout 3

thanks again

#13 Posted by SolidEyeSystem (76 posts) -

You might want to wait for the GOTY edition for Fallout 3 that will include all five parts of the DLC, it's supposed to come out later this year.

I can't recommend Burnout Paradise enough, especially with the release of the Big Surf Island DLC.  Uncharted is fun as well.

#14 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

The ending was great. I dunno what you guys are talking about..

#15 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -
@SolidEyeSystem said:
" You might want to wait for the GOTY edition for Fallout 3 that will include all five parts of the DLC, it's supposed to come out later this year.I can't recommend Burnout Paradise enough, especially with the release of the Big Surf Island DLC.  Uncharted is fun as well. "
i heard uncharted was great but how is the replay value? im not into racing games that much so idk about burnout
#16 Posted by regularassmilk (1449 posts) -
@luce said:
" @SolidEyeSystem said:
" You might want to wait for the GOTY edition for Fallout 3 that will include all five parts of the DLC, it's supposed to come out later this year.I can't recommend Burnout Paradise enough, especially with the release of the Big Surf Island DLC.  Uncharted is fun as well. "
i heard uncharted was great but how is the replay value? im not into racing games that much so idk about burnout "
I've beat uncharted 8 times, and finished it again yesterday.
#17 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -
@luce:

Lots of unlockables and trophies to collect add a ton of replay value to Uncharted.
#18 Edited by Roddra (25 posts) -
@CL60: I'm thinking by 'ending' people are referring to the epilogue. Epilogues are not involved in the climax of the story; that part is far over. During that decidedly key scene the story's last loose ends were wrapped up fairly nicely, and the finality of Snake's last mission solidified into something more meaningful. Difficult to discuss without ruining anything.

But yeah, the point people miss is that the climax just happened a few minutes ago. The epilogue finishes everything else. Avid readers of actual books would know this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.