Just finished MGS4

#1 Posted by falstaf (24 posts) -

I suspect in time I will regret not waiting for the end of this console generational cycle to play it, 'cause nothing's gonna come close to this for a long time. The degree of originality and effort put into MGS4 is flat out shocking! Man, what do you play after this... 

#2 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I cannot remember what game I played directly after this. I dont think that MGS4 (or any game for that matter) is good enough to ruin an enter life time of a console. Everything ages. Everything.

#3 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3096 posts) -
c1337us said:
"I cannot remember what game I played directly after this. I dont think that MGS4 (or any game for that matter) is good enough to ruin an enter life time of a console. Everything ages. Everything."
Well MGS4 ain't gonna age for a LOOOOOOOOONG time. MGS1 is still fun as hell to play...
#4 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Agreed. I still consider MGS as one of my, if not my favorite game. MGS4 is going to take a long time. But you can only play something again over so long before you need something fresh to tackle.

#5 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
Fr0Br0 said:
"c1337us said:
"I cannot remember what game I played directly after this. I dont think that MGS4 (or any game for that matter) is good enough to ruin an enter life time of a console. Everything ages. Everything."
Well MGS4 ain't gonna age for a LOOOOOOOOONG time. MGS1 is still fun as hell to play..."
word. they need to release mgs1 with using the mgs4 engine on PSN
#6 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Although that would be cool no doubt. Remaking games doesnt make them better, just better looking.

#7 Posted by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -

I think more streamlined controls could make MGS better. Nevertheless, I love the series.

#8 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Replaying it with Drebins face in all of the cut scenes is win ;)

#9 Posted by elbow (368 posts) -

Spent a month and half playing this game... everytime I think about it, I get shivers down my spine.

#10 Posted by randiolo (1106 posts) -

mgs1 with msg4 controls..thats what i want.

#11 Posted by Rivix (162 posts) -
Fr0Br0 said:
"c1337us said:
Well MGS4 ain't gonna age for a LOOOOOOOOONG time. MGS1 is still fun as hell to play..."
I just played MSG1 for the first time when I bought the Essentials Collections and it was a blast. I probably enjoyed it as much as I would have it I played it 10 years ago. The other two were harder to get into. There's just something still appealing about the first game.
#12 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

After that, i replayed Ninja Gaiden 2, my GOTY.

#13 Posted by Matthew (1914 posts) -

Just wait for the next Team ICO game . . .

#14 Posted by falstaf (24 posts) -

Has anybody tried the big boss level, no kills, no alerts, no health?

#15 Posted by Rivix (162 posts) -

I really want trophies in this game! It needs to be done. 

#16 Edited by drakesfortune (299 posts) -

Here here, it is a masterpiece.  I also agree with those saying MGS the original is still fun today.  Sure the graphics are awful, and the controls are goofy, but I still have fun playing that game.  I played through the first 3 MGS games right before MGS4, and because of the thought put into each game, they tend to stand the test of time quite well.  I have a feeling that MGS4 is going to age very, very well.  I just wish they'd patch it so that I can install the whole thing instead of the individual installs between acts.  That's really my only gripe with the game.  MGS4 is definitely my GOTY for 08, and I like a lot of 08 games.

Edit: yeah and where are the trophies?  I have been holding out playing it again in the hopes that they'd add them.  I honestly can't believe that such a high profile game isn't getting them.  Has there been any word on this from Konami?

#17 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -
falstaf said:
"Has anybody tried the big boss level, no kills, no alerts, no health?"

I know several people who have done that.  Seriously....that's just difficult in a way I'm not willing to even try.
#18 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -
Fr0Br0 said:
"c1337us said:

Opinions=/=fact
#19 Posted by LiquidPrince (16109 posts) -

What to play indeed. My favorite games of last generation have moved to this generation already, which were MGS, Prince of Persia, Devil May Cry, and soon God of War.

#20 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -
Rivix said: I
"Fr0Br0 said:
"c1337us said:
I just played MSG1 for the first time when I bought the Essentials Collections and it was a blast. I probably enjoyed it as much as I would have it I played it 10 years ago. The other two were harder to get into. There's just something still appealing about the first game."

I got twin snakes and never looked back

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.