Kojima wants to make "MGS4 Complete Edition"

• 81 results
#51 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -

What? Kojima wants a programmer to do programmy stuff on MGS4? Where do i sign up?
#52 Posted by LiquidSaiyan3 (471 posts) -

I probably would play this again just for trophies, but it would have to be a patch and not a brand new package. 

MGS4 destroyed my respect for Kojima. *drops the mic*

#53 Posted by CuddlyKnife (83 posts) -

Wow, thanks for telling us there's nothing going on, AT ALL.

BTW, to those who say it should take longer than 6 hours if you sneak. You don't have to always  move at a snails pace to sneak. For example, look at the speed runs for other MGS games on SDA, and you'll know what I mean.

#54 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47: Is MGS4 short? Yes. Weakest in the series? Phenomenally subjective, I've heard good points on all fronts. 
It still think it hit's an appropriate time completion, I've most certainly paid for and have played shorter games this generation. Five hours? Eight hours? Personally my completion was around the eight hour mark, so I walked away pretty satisfied. I usually take a ludicrous amount of time playing games though, I'm still trudging through Mafia 2 where my friend completed it a week ago. When it comes to time completion I'm not efficient, it practically took me 25-30 hours to get off Pulse in FFXIII. 

Which is kinda why this debate is kinda weird, because it feels were arguing over gaming-semantics. 

Regarding just "Tossing out a patch":
There's also a larger issue here, specifically costs. Coder's can punch out code like nobodies business, but they need to be paid. Perhaps a patch around release might have been acceptable for trophy support, but if the money isn't there then it's simply not going to happen. Look what happened at Quantic Dream when they decided just to add move support to Heavy Rain: "Well, there goes the budget to the additional DLC!

Previous DLC patches to other PS3 games (Uncharted) seemed commissioned by Sony. There needs to be the financial incentive: I don't see it here.
Unless you want to pay for a patch.  :/

I also don't know how a patch regarding 3D would work. My knowledge is that 3D requires two simultaneous 720p images to be rendered, I would imagine such a feat would be difficult unless you re-engineered how you displayed your game, no? Someone more knowledgeable dive in with technical know-how, but my perception is that it would take more man-power for more than just a quick fix. 
#55 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

O well let him do what he wants. He just has to remember complete edition means that you have to redo that whole multiplayer cause right now its crap.

#56 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" 3D MGS?   ....  sure!  "
Well, we'll be getting a 3D MGS of some sort on the 3DS, supposedly.  Not exactly a revamped MGS4, though.
#57 Posted by GetBentTheVideoGame (261 posts) -

Yeah, MGS4 was too tightly edited and reigned in. Kojima needs to let loose with his vision. Maybe he could include some cutscenes this time.

#58 Posted by MormonWarrior (2665 posts) -

Nobody's said it yet, so I'll say it: is Kojima saying there's going to be an Xbox 360 version?!?

Not gonna happen. Freaking incredible game, though. And dude...

@HitmanAgent47: @SpiralStairs:
Even if there's only 5/6 hours of gameplay, that's WAY longer than either Modern Warfare game, Gears of War, etc. etc. And that's breezing through it. Amazing experience, and if they made a special edition (Let's see, there's been Integral, Substance, Subsistence...what should the subtitle be?) they should add more missions, perhaps let you play as Raiden during the action sequences, do some blooper videos (best part of Subsistence, besides new camera) and I dunno, make Metal Gear Online playable? That would be cool.

#59 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

It won't happen. I mean I'm glad that he wants to support his game and says straight up that he doesn't have time. Compared to other people who just say they won't support their previous games at all. I'm looking at you Insomniac.

#60 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -
@SpiralStairs said:
" @HitmanAgent47:  LOL 5 hours gameplay?   Did you just rush through each screen or something. "
I was actually going to say he's being very generous.
Skipping the cut-scenes, you'd be lucky to get three hours out of the game.
#61 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47: hit man if its any consolation im with you on the subject.
#62 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -
@sagesebas said:
" @LiquidPrince: You wouldn't and shouldn't have to buy it again, they do have patches but from what I've gathered Kojima is still in the stone ages regarding how he makes games "
Are you telling me what I would and would not buy? I would buy it again, if they released it in a new deluxe style box, with it having new content, maybe bonus behind the scenes stuff, as well as trophy support.
#63 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @SpiralStairs said:
" @HitmanAgent47:  LOL 5 hours gameplay?   Did you just rush through each screen or something. "
Skipping the cut-scenes, you'd be lucky to get three hours out of the game. "
If you're rushing through the game fast enough, that you beat it in 3 hours or less (which is a gross exaggeration) then you aren't really playing for fun are you? It's you having memorized the game, and moving through critical path. You can do that with almost any game...
#64 Posted by niamahai (1394 posts) -

PC version? tee hee

#65 Posted by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" Bleh. I'm so past that game.  "
this!
#66 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

Does this mean I should wait to play MGS4?

#67 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" @SpiralStairs said:
If you're rushing through the game fast enough, that you beat it in 3 hours or less (which is a gross exaggeration) then you aren't really playing for fun are you? It's you having memorized the game, and moving through critical path. You can do that with almost any game... "
Except with MGS4 I don't think you were really required to memorize anything or rush things.  Simply skipping the cut-scenes removes more than half of the play time, which in my opinion is just really poor design.  But I won't continue to argue the point, despite the flaws I actually did rather like the game.

The reason I only borrowed the game from a friend rather than buying it myself was because I suspected they'd eventually release a "complete" version, or something along the lines of Substance and Subsistance.
#68 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" @SpiralStairs said:
If you're rushing through the game fast enough, that you beat it in 3 hours or less (which is a gross exaggeration) then you aren't really playing for fun are you? It's you having memorized the game, and moving through critical path. You can do that with almost any game... "
Except with MGS4 I don't think you were really required to memorize anything or rush things.  Simply skipping the cut-scenes removes more than half of the play time, which in my opinion is just really poor design.  But I won't continue to argue the point, despite the flaws I actually did rather like the game.  The reason I only borrowed the game from a friend rather than buying it myself was because I suspected they'd eventually release a "complete" version, or something along the lines of Substance and Subsistance. "
The first time I played the game, it took me 21 hours to beat. The cutscenes account for 8 hours of that. I highly highly doubt anyone could beat the game in under five hours the very first time they ever played the game, even if they skipped cutscenes.
#69 Posted by Fjordson (2433 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @sagesebas said:
" @LiquidPrince: You wouldn't and shouldn't have to buy it again, they do have patches but from what I've gathered Kojima is still in the stone ages regarding how he makes games "
Are you telling me what I would and would not buy? I would buy it again, if they released it in a new deluxe style box, with it having new content, maybe bonus behind the scenes stuff, as well as trophy support. "
#70 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @sagesebas said:
Are you telling me what I would and would not buy? I would buy it again, if they released it in a new deluxe style box, with it having new content, maybe bonus behind the scenes stuff, as well as trophy support. "
Sounds like it, Now that you have finished doing what he says, go get me a bagel. 
#71 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

How about giving us more than 5 hours and 50 (if you skip the cutscenes, since mgs4 factors in your cutscenes as actual gameplay) minutes of gameplay rather than giving us 3d. Or give us a ton of extra subsistence and VR style levels. I'm not that interested in trophies either over actually more content.

"
Yeah, I don't get why developers want to put all that shit in. I paid money to play a game not see a movie. I mean, like with Mass Effect. Why is all that dialogue in there? I just want to shoot aliens and I have to wait for all these idiots to stop talking. What did I pay $60 for?
#72 Posted by Toms115 (2317 posts) -

bring it to pc and i'll buy it. haven't played mgs4 since '08, and even then i had to borrow a friend's ps3 to do so.

#73 Posted by Hilbert (349 posts) -

How about re-releasing MGS Snake Eater in 1080P with better textures and 5.1 ex sound. Can you say "easy money" konami?
#74 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -
@Red12b said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @sagesebas said:
Sounds like it, Now that you have finished doing what he says, go get me a bagel.  "
If you trust me with your bagel then sure... I'll get it for you... It will be... to die for... Muhahahahaha. Ahem.
#75 Posted by EliminatoR (247 posts) -

Let the man do it.

#76 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Red12b said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @sagesebas said:
Sounds like it, Now that you have finished doing what he says, go get me a bagel.  "
If you trust me with your bagel then sure... I'll get it for you... It will be... to die for... Muhahahahaha. Ahem. "
That was really lame, but I still laughed
#77 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -
@Red12b said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Red12b said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @sagesebas said:
If you trust me with your bagel then sure... I'll get it for you... It will be... to die for... Muhahahahaha. Ahem. "
That was really lame, but I still laughed "
It was pretty lame, but that was what I was going for. =P
#78 Posted by Pie (7112 posts) -

I would want more improvements than just 3d and trophies

#79 Edited by kingcopper (46 posts) -
@SpiralStairs said:

" @HitmanAgent47 said:

" @Fallen189: No i'm not making a joke, I have a screenshot of this. The game just need more content and gameplay. How is anyone suppose to know how much gameplay there is if they are constantly bombarded with cutscenes? It's like no one wants to hear anything negative about mgs4 or something, yet i'm telling you ppl the truth. "
Except you're not, because there's more gameplay than most action games in there already.  I spent over two hours on the first screen experimenting with the game's combat, and I enjoyed it very much. Unless you run around shooting everyone without regard to being caught, you shouldn't be able to beat it in 6 hours. "
You spent 2 hours on the first screen? I take it by first screen you mean, you know, the actual first part where it lets you play. The part where you crawl under a truck and watch some cutscenes, then walk a few feet and get attacked by Gekkos. You spent 2 hours on that part?! 

Also, I consider act 3 to be total filler for the most part, so I tend to think of the game length minus act 3. Anybody with me?
#80 Posted by alternate (2720 posts) -

If he asks nicely I am sure Microsoft would make it for him ;-)

#81 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@CH3BURASHKA said:
" What's going to be the S-word adjective?  "
Yes this thread is a million years old. Yes, I would normally be jumping on thread necromancers.Yes this will sent Cheburashka an annoying message. Yes I have work I should be doing.

But the word would be Sense (As awesome as MGS IV: Senile would be). Kojima picks a word when he starts a project and tries to define the game by that word. My assumption is that substance and subsistence were the words for MGS 2 and 3. The word for 4 was Sense. If my assumption is correct...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.