Metal Gear 4 question

#1 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -

I'm replaying this for the second time, such a great game.  I'm playing it all out shooter style now, just messing dudes up since I have all the weapons, great fun.

My question is: I keep hearing this trumpet James Bond like music playing during random spots, it's almost whenever I do really good killing a bunch of guys, it just plays a quick little snippet each time then goes away.

Does anyone know what that is?  I kinda like it, makes me feel more bad ass.
#2 Edited by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2093 posts) -

It's only when you use the Patriot. The song snippet plays when you aim, and a different snippet plays when you fire or get a kill...

#3 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -

Ahhh that is indeed the gun I'm using, does it have any specific meaning?

#4 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

The patriot was the bosses gun from mgs3 i believe

#5 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
OmegaPirate said:
"The patriot was the bosses gun from mgs3 i believe"
Yeah it was.
#6 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3091 posts) -

And a lot of the vibe from MGS3 was taken from the James Bond films. Such as the epic theme song to Snake Eater.

#7 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"OmegaPirate said:
"The patriot was the bosses gun from mgs3 i believe"
Yeah it was."
Ahh so thats what the music is from then, I remember it now, thanks everyone!
#8 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
Fr0Br0 said:
"And a lot of the vibe from MGS3 was taken from the James Bond films. Such as the epic theme song to Snake Eater."
Man i have that in my itunes library - its so overwhelmingly cheesy that i cant help but listen to it at stupidly loud volumes whilst my missus shakes her head and looks at me funny :D

I was grinning like a schoolboy during the ocelot fight when it p[layed

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.