MGS4 360 Version Rumour Struck Down With A Tweet

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

I know it's pretty obvious why, but here's some clarification regardless, from Kojima Productions' Kenichiro Imaizumi:

http://twitter.com/kojima_pro:  (he's referring to recent Japanese rumours, which stem from finance issues, if I recall correctly) 

"Recently in the news, it's been written that MGS4's development costs crossed 5 billion [yen], or 7 billion. It didn't cost that much. If it did cost that much, it would have been multiplatform. But, of course, the data can't fit."    

Here's Kojima-san's Twitter, for anyone interested: http://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo
#2 Posted by HypoXenophobia (1045 posts) -

I bought MGS4 last night and started playing it for the first time. I imagined all the PS3 exclusive jokes were enough to dissolve the multiplatform theories. I figure after 2 years those rumors would have dispelled by now.

#3 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

I still want it. :>

#4 Posted by NeoGecko (151 posts) -

as unlikley as it was, a MGS4 360 version would have been cool.

#5 Posted by OldSnake (16 posts) -

You mean this rumor is still alive? I thought when they announced that Rising wouldn't be using the MGS4 engine due to space and programming issues it was clear as to why it wouldn't leave the PS3

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@OldSnake said:
" You mean this rumor is still alive? I thought when they announced that Rising wouldn't be using the MGS4 engine due to space and programming issues it was clear as to why it wouldn't leave the PS3 "
Didn;t this rumor start when the game came out? And end like...two weeks later? 
#7 Posted by Th3_James (2577 posts) -

Why would anyone want an old game ported to 360. It was my least favorite MGS game, I sold it after i beat it. Massive Disappointment 

#8 Edited by SJSchmidt93 (4894 posts) -

Yay. A wall of squares.

#9 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -
@OldSnake said:
" You mean this rumor is still alive? I thought when they announced that Rising wouldn't be using the MGS4 engine due to space and programming issues it was clear as to why it wouldn't leave the PS3 "
Or... primarily because it's going to be an entirely different type of game, hence the new subtitle?
#10 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

Oh man, that's way over 140 characters when translated, Sr. Kojima.

#11 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

My god, people still haven't gotten over this?

#12 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" Oh man, that's way over 140 characters when translated, Sr. Kojima. "
Kojima didnt make this twitter 

anyways,
theyre making Rising, which will be awesome. so stop bitching about 4. buy a 360 if you want MGS4. 
#13 Posted by ObsideonDarman (650 posts) -

My God come on 360 users if you really want to play MGS4 and have a superiors Media machine then by all means by a PS3

#14 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -

Just wait for MGS Rising........ whenever the fuck that's coming out...... (or get a PS3 & play MGS4 already)

#15 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -
@ObsideonDarman said:
" My God come on 360 users if you really want to play MGS4 and have a superiors Media machine then by all means by a PS3 "
How long did it take you to figure that out? If you want something....buy it! Genius! Why didnt I think of that! Ok let me just wip out 330$ that I dont have to buy another console plus another game. You sir are so insightful, true visionary

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.