Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

MGS4 Coming To 360? Here We Go Again...

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By NinjaHunter

It seems like MGS4 was always on the fence whether or not it would go multi-platform and now almost 6 months after the release another hint that it may be coming to Microsoft's console. But now with a little bit of hard evidence to back it up.

Discuss.
    Discuss.

So what does this mean? The " i " could just be the letter I or, I've been told, could mean safety while the classic " ! " is meant as alert or danger. 
    So Safety + Alert/Danger = 360 power button? I don't know. Maybe this isn't about MGS4. Underneath the mathematical equation reads " A Next Metal Gear Is..." besides not making any sense it could mean a completely new multi-platform Metal Gear title. Seeing as though MGS4 concluded Snakes story and possibly the whole line of "Solid" games could this be a new start on a new console? One person gave the possibility of a Metal Gear AC!D coming to the consoles, this seems to fall in line with how the AC!D games were marketed, with the over use of symbols. Well as a great man once said "Only time will tell."
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By NinjaHunter

It seems like MGS4 was always on the fence whether or not it would go multi-platform and now almost 6 months after the release another hint that it may be coming to Microsoft's console. But now with a little bit of hard evidence to back it up.

Discuss.
    Discuss.

So what does this mean? The " i " could just be the letter I or, I've been told, could mean safety while the classic " ! " is meant as alert or danger. 
    So Safety + Alert/Danger = 360 power button? I don't know. Maybe this isn't about MGS4. Underneath the mathematical equation reads " A Next Metal Gear Is..." besides not making any sense it could mean a completely new multi-platform Metal Gear title. Seeing as though MGS4 concluded Snakes story and possibly the whole line of "Solid" games could this be a new start on a new console? One person gave the possibility of a Metal Gear AC!D coming to the consoles, this seems to fall in line with how the AC!D games were marketed, with the over use of symbols. Well as a great man once said "Only time will tell."
    AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By AutomaticSnake

Coming to 360? Is it coming for my PC monitor as well? It has the same power icon my 360 got! oh wait, my PS3 also got the came power icon!!! Omg the Wii too!!! it's coming out for the wii.... Ummm... no.

What it means is that metal gear is on. they are making a new one, thats it. For PS3 of course :)

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NinjaHunter

It never hurts to speculate. I don't know it seems the choice of green is what brings this whole thing up again and less the power symbol.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By adam_grif

Maybe the "i" is for DSi!!!

OMG, Metal Gear Solid port to DSi confirmed.

Sigh.

I love speculation threads.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By dietmango

You never know...it could be more than just the DSi...

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By get2sammyb

For me only the green suggests XBOX. Everything else to me says:

DSi / iPhone + Metal Gear Ac!d = Power. Let's not forget that the power symbol is a universal logo used on most electrical appliances.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I`m just going to wait and see, I was hoping for a MGS4:Sub with trophies but I really don`t think this is it.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Wow, if this is is true, i have no reason to consider a PS3.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By get2sammyb
    addictedtopinescent said:
    "Wow, if this is is true, i have no reason to consider a PS3."
    Killzone 2? LittleBigPlanet? Uncharted (2)? Resistance? God Of War? Wipeout? Heavy Rain?

Then again I suppose Metal Gear Solid is one of the biggest hitters so we'll have to wait and see. It would be great if 360 owners got a chance to experience it but I'm still not sure that is what this cryptic message is hinting towards.

In my opinion, I don't think Metal Gear Solid 4 will come out on a 360. I think the NEXT Metal Gear game will be multiplatform but I just doubt they'll port 4. Then again I may well be wrong.

Still think this is Ac!d for DSi. Remember the Nintendo DS is a MUCH, MUCH bigger platform for Konami to developing something on than the 360. With presumably smaller dev costs and millions upon millions of DS' out there... it seems like a no brainer to me?
    SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By SpinCookie

I don't think it'll be for the 360, I absolutely loved the PS3 version and I think everyone should get the chance to play it, so that would be cool.  But all the load screens had little stabs at the 360 and all that stuff, so that would kind of be hypocritical.  But who knows?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By get2sammyb
    SpinCookie said:
    "I don't think it'll be for the 360, I absolutely loved the PS3 version and I think everyone should get the chance to play it, so that would be cool.  But all the load screens had little stabs at the 360 and all that stuff, so that would kind of be hypocritical.  But who knows?"
    They COULD take them out but then there's also the Apple licensing too. I've no doubt it's possible but the teaser text suggests a new game so... either it's a new 360 game/a spin off of Metal Gear Solid 4 OR I personally reckon a DS game. It could be anything though.

ANYWAY - why do we have two active threads on this?!
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Otacon

Hmm, could be for the 360. I would go with iPhone though, or even DSi.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I find this hilarious. 

I hope it becomes a new joke, trailing a sentence off with ellipses after an auxiliary verb.

Because then we can . . .

drtones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By drtones
    NinjaHunter said:
    "It seems like MGS4 was always on the fence whether or not it would go multi-platform and now almost 6 months after the release another hint that it may be coming to Microsoft's console. But now with a little bit of hard evidence to back it up.
    Discuss.
    Discuss.

"
    A thread already exists for this.
    Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gameboi
    dcpc10 said:
    "
    haha
    haha
    "
    This made me lol...really hard.
    momentarylogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17  Edited By momentarylogic

I found this one on google..

caption
    caption
    krazychris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By krazychris

OMG MGS 4 coming to my kettle!

wafflestomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By wafflestomp

iphone + acid = power ?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pause422

I honestly think the whole 'green' thing that obviously wants people to think its the xbox, is just a bit too obvious. Everyone is buying into the obvious, and I doubt it will be as such...I'd imagine if/when it comes to the 360, and they were going to hint at it ahead of time, they would make it much less obvious.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By get2sammyb
    pause422 said:
    "I honestly think the whole 'green' thing that obviously wants people to think its the xbox, is just a bit too obvious. Everyone is buying into the obvious, and I doubt it will be as such...I'd imagine if/when it comes to the 360, and they were going to hint at it ahead of time, they would make it much less obvious."
    But let's look at cultural meanings and not just video game meanings. Green DOES NOT primarily symbolise XBOX 360 - green primarily symbolises on/go.
    SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By SpinCookie
    get2sammyb said:
    "pause422 said:
    "I honestly think the whole 'green' thing that obviously wants people to think its the xbox, is just a bit too obvious. Everyone is buying into the obvious, and I doubt it will be as such...I'd imagine if/when it comes to the 360, and they were going to hint at it ahead of time, they would make it much less obvious."
    But let's look at cultural meanings and not just video game meanings. Green DOES NOT primarily symbolise XBOX 360 - green primarily symbolises on/go."
    Green also refers to environment.  Maybe it's a Metal Gear recycling simulator.  You play as snake in a factory recycling old metal gear parts to be made into toys for children.

Metal Gear: Recycle Confirmed!
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had something to say, but I must forgotten it.

Oh, I remember.  It was . . .

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By niall077

Its the "i" that confuses me.   Metal gear for iphone??? DSi???? 

and MGST in the sites URL.. could it just mean Metal Gear Solid Teaser or Metal Gear Solid Touch ???

and if it was for 360 would it be Green on a white background?

But it would seem all arrows point to "not ps3"

but the power button on some ps3s is green so AHHHHHHHAHAHAHHA

SCREW YOU KOJIMA!!!!   I DONT RIKE IT ONE BIT!!!!

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JohnDudebro
    momentarylogic said:
    "I found this one on google..
    caption
    caption
    "
    I am so sick to death of red ring jokes.
    I'm of the belief that this has nothing to do with 360 anyway. That ain't a ring of light. That's just a power button.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By brukaoru
    pause422 said:
     I agree. I think if it were to come on the 360, they would make a huge announcement about it, not some viral marketing scheme.
    EvilPirateJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EvilPirateJohn

Someone posted this on GAF.  I don't know if it means anything or not.

caption
    caption
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By get2sammyb
    EvilPirateJohn said:
    "Someone posted this on GAF.  I don't know if it means anything or not.

caption
    caption
    "
    I saw that and I lol'd so hard.

Seriously - that's the loosest thing I've ever known. Kudos to whoever dreamt it up though!

Did people around the Internet really think that the "Power" symbol was an XBOX-only thing?
    EvilPirateJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EvilPirateJohn

Yeah, some people thought it was exclusive to the 360 only, haha.

Nevertheless, that pic is funny.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By BawlZINmotion

t's an exclamation point rotating 360 degrees in green (180+180, followed by the power sign symbolizing a full circle), I think it is fairly obvious.

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NinjaHunter

If I really wanted to get crazy I can take into account why the choice of the word "Next" and not "New". It could be nothing and just be bad English by Japanese people or that this isn't a new Metal gear and is instead a remake or port of some kind.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.