Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

No trophies for MGS4?!?

Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Number1

Im going to get a PS3 this week. Along with MGS4 and Killzone and someone mentioned theres no trophys for MGS4. Whaa!? Im a huge completionist and love achievements and to hear that the playstations best game doesnt have trophys is a big let down. Any word of an update as this is really slack on kojimas behalf.

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By alsnuts2

It was probably the last big game to come out before trophies. Might I suggest inFAMOUS? it is the first game Ive played with trophies that I actyually want to hunt down.  Im on my 3rd playthrough and I still cant put it down.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ket87

Neither Kojima nor Konami have ever said anything about adding Trophy support for MGS4. Its been over a year now and if they were going to ever add them they would have done it by now. So the base package of MGS4 won't have achievements but if they prepare something along the lines of Integral/Substance/Subsistence for MGS4 you can bet that it will at least have Trophies. Not because Kojima or Konami would want to but thankfully Sony wised up and required Trophies on every game released as of January 1st 2009.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai

I keep hearing rumors that there is trophy support for MGS 4 in the making along with some either single player or multi player DLC for that game. 

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By meptron
    @Mordukai said:
    " I keep hearing rumors that there is trophy support for MGS 4 in the making along with some either single player or multi player DLC for that game.  "
    source? I hope that's true...
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mordukai
    @Meptron said:
    "
    @Mordukai said:
    " I keep hearing rumors that there is trophy support for MGS 4 in the making along with some either single player or multi player DLC for that game.  "
    source? I hope that's true...
    "
    well like all other rumors it can be a total made up lie but it sounds solid..hey I made funny.  anywho here it is 
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By suneku

It's still possible... at least I hope it is. A dude on the playstation blog posted this:

“On the subject of MGS4/MGO trophies and Konami ID - we hear you,” he wrote. “We have been circulating these issues internally, and we will report back as soon as we are able.”
    Granted... this was posted in March. But at least it gives some hope. But as of now, Konami are doucheabags on this.
    copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By copycatzen

I was trying to get all the emblems.... but now I will put the controller down until this shit becomes reality!!!

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#9  Edited By sjschmidt93

Yeah I know, I really wish it did.. I'd play through it a few more times just for trophies.

(I beat MGS4 an embarrasing amount of times)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.