Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

Non-PS3 owners, is this something you'd still be interested in?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

I'm really surprised this game remained on the PS3 after all these years. Pretty much every big 3rd party game last gen went to the "other" system eventually.

As much as I think it's the weakest in the Solid line, it's kinda messed up non-PS3 owners never got a chance to play it considering 2,3, and 5 are available readily. At least 1 came to the PC in some weird form.

Is MGS4 something people still want to experience?

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes, I'd be interested. Ideally I would like an Xbox One remaster at 60 fps. Due to platform exclusivity weirdness I have a really spotty track record with being able to play Metal Gear Solid games. I played 2 and 3 on Xbox 360, and 5 on Xbox One. I also own the 360 version of Peace Walker, but that game is in my backlog.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Yes. But Konami don't like making video games anymore.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just say that I think MGS4 is fantastic. Anyone that says it's a weak game in the series, I have to ask how many times they played it, only because for me personally, I didn't love it on my first playthrough. I was certainly impressed by many aspects, but in the end, I was left disappointed, but I played it again later on, and it turned out to be just as good as the others, but better in some respects. I've beat it multiple times since. One of the best games last-gen for sure. Also, random question really. Anyone that really wanted to play it, probably would have by now I suspect. Are you currently playing MGS or something? Remember when it was going to come to Vita?

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This should exist with a better frame rate.

Tyzecho1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, MGS4 is complete dog doody

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's the second worst game in the series, it's still okay granted but a much better game just came out.

laxbro19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By laxbro19

@liquiddragon: That's a hard question to answer. I would have to say it just doesn't matter any more. MGSV was so good and came out on everything that no one really cares for the linear style of that game. Being my age, I have no nostalgia for MGS, but from what I understand and have seen from Dan and Drew's playthrough's is that the new game that everyone loves is so different that MGS4 just doesn't matter like it used to.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not? I think it's better than MGS5. Remaster em all!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MGS4 is amazing, it never went to 360 because it was actually built strictly for ps3 and relied a lot on the size of the bluray disks. Konami will probably never make another game so i wouldn't get any hopes up for a remaster.

MGS4 is the second best in the series and the best story wise IMO.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You thinking about doing a fan-port to PC or something? Is PS3 emulation any good yet?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.