Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

Ok i know that there has to be tons of these but

YourEvilTwin67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By YourEvilTwin67

ok i wanted to stat the series but im kind of starting on the 3rd one i saw my friend play little bits of the 1st but i know whats going on in that game and the 2nd i saw my friend playing the entire thing lol so do you think that the third would be a good decision?

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

I would always recommend playing all the games, but if that's not an option for you then you should be okay understanding MGS3 as it is a prequel to the whole series.

Gaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Gaius

i don't think it's worth replaying all the others just for MGS4. I was in a similar position as you, I had only played MGS1 and had seen my brother play parts of MGS3.  I had no problem understanding the story.  MGS4 is a great game, and whether you have or haven't played the others I believe it's definitely still worth picking up, it's a great game.  You can also look up info about the game if you have too, that helped me and it didn't really take away from the story at all.

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By AutomaticSnake

MGS4 explains the entire story really well so you dont really need to play all of them before you play MGS4.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By c1337us

I find that when you jump on board an existing series once it has been running for a while, even if you can understand whats going on, it still doesn't have the same impact.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By calf_exercises

just buy Metal Gear Solid: the Essencial collection.
    well worth it!

EnterChe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By EnterChe

you know i can let you borrow any games you want to brett

Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Kane

I only played Metal gear solid 3, and i understood about 70 percent of it, it explained the rest to me tho

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.