Remake MG, MG2, MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3 with MGS4 engine!

#1 Posted by luffylol (56 posts) -

They should do it.

I would love to have the entire thing under the same production values as MGS4.

MGS4 has the best combat system, AI and all that. I think if the cut scenes and levels were recreated for PS3 with MGS4 engine, it would be awesome.

Obviously Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 would have to be completely recreated, but maybe a port of the others would be possible with an HD overhaul.

Kojima could just be an producer who overlook the project while new people within Konami could try to make great ports...

then we would have the whole collection in an cohesive next gen package.

I dont like MGS Twin snakes. I would just love the old games put to the same visual level as MGS4, with same combat system.

#2 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

that won't happen.

#3 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

For the love of god, no.

#4 Posted by luffylol (56 posts) -

Most likely, no, but I would love it.

That, or a serious overhaul of MG Online... what a missed mark:(

#5 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -
luffylol said:
"I dont like MGS Twin snakes. I would just love the old games put to the same visual level as MGS4, with same combat system."
You don't like Twin Snakes but that is pretty much exactly the type of game you are asking for? Back then, people wanted MGS1 created with the MGS2 engine. So what have we learned from the past?
#6 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -
luffylol said:
"Most likely, no, but I would love it.

That, or a serious overhaul of MG Online... what a missed mark:("
Not most likely. NO.
#7 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
Fr0Br0 said:
"luffylol said:
"I dont like MGS Twin snakes. I would just love the old games put to the same visual level as MGS4, with same combat system."
You don't like Twin Snakes but that is pretty much exactly the type of game you are asking for? Back then, people wanted MGS1 created with the MGS2 engine. So what have we learned from the past?"
Pretty much?  No, Twin Snakes was a full-on remake of MGS1.  Personally...I enjoyed Twin Snakes.  I don't know what everyone hated about that game.

Nonetheless, I don't think we need any more updates of remakes...let alone any more MGS games...period.  Let Snake die already!!!
#8 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

No, they shouldn't. All the games (except for the first Metal Gear) are good enough as they are.

The first Metal Gear Solid was already remade for the Gamecube and they made alterations to certain scenes and it made me really dislike the game. If they remade the other games, they would alter those too. They just need to leave it alone.

#9 Posted by calf_exercises (858 posts) -

ok this is my thought.

NO!

I would like to see MG and MG2 remade, because both games where way before my time. I think that if they put both games out together and use the MGS4 engine i think it has potencial.

But would rather see a whole new metal gear series that took a whole new direction.

but what I want to see the most is Kojima create a whole new universe.

#10 Edited by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

Seriously? Do you have any idea how much money and time it would take to remake them all? And with such a small market for such remakes, Konami would be in debt up to their eyeballs.

#11 Posted by luffylol (56 posts) -
Fr0Br0 said:
"luffylol said:
You don't like Twin Snakes but that is pretty much exactly the type of game you are asking for? Back then, people wanted MGS1 created with the MGS2 engine. So what have we learned from the past?"
twin snakes was a remix. a crappy remix, with stupid over the top cut scenes(snake surfing on a helicopter missile.. uhm... hello), removal of the best music, crappy added placeholder voice acting, and lackluster visual updates.. the original has aged better than twin snakes, which in itself is pathethic.

also the controls, were stupid. yeah, I really hate Twin Snakes. it was not a remake. it was just crap. the music they removed.. OMFG.
#12 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -

A bad idea is a bad idea forever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.