Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

Same Old Bollocks?

Sedarati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sedarati

I haven't seen any thing that seems otherwise in fact it seems more stupid, tripod balls with hands sigh...

absinthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By absinthetic

yeah, the soda drinking hairless monkey is a lot less weird

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By LaszloKovacs

MGS isn't for everybody.

Just, you know, cool people.

d0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By d0x

Well it may not be for everyone but its for me.  I couldnt really stomach MGS1-3 but for some unknown reason I got MGS4 on day 1.  Probably because I needed a reason to boot my rarely used PS3.

Good news, I fell in gamer love with the series.  Im now going back and im going to beat them all starting with MGS.  I already own that and MGS2 but im having a hard time get MGS3 Subsistence.  I bought it on gamestop.com used and it was missing disk 2.  Im still waiting for them to ship me another copy!

For now i'll read the MGS database from that they put up on PSN, that thing is just excellent.  All they need now is a disk or download with every MGS cinema through MGS4.

DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By DaveF

I'd say it is the same old stuff. So if you didn't like it before, you probably won't like it now.
    Having said that, there are plenty of people who have said they didn't play/didn't like the previous games, but liked MGS4.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Otacon

If you didn't like MGS before, this is the same old bollocks.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By trulyalive
    d0x said:
    "For now i'll read the MGS database from that they put up on PSN, that thing is just excellent. "

Good lord, sir, you speak the truth. Funny thing actually. I played MGS4 through in a week, spent another week or so playing MGS1, 2, 3 and 4 all over again and the next day they released that MGS database.
    Still, just flicking through it, you pick up on a lot of random things you never put much thought to before. Whoever decided to make that was naught short of a genius. I must spend a few hours a week just trawling through random articles on it.

Addressing the main issue at hand, if you liked MGS1-3, you'll love it, if you didn't but are curious, rent it and find out whether it's for you.
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By NinjaHunter

Basically if you didn't like the story of the past games, MGS4 won't change your mind about the series. But if you had a problem with the game play maybe you'll like this game.

NinjaMunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NinjaMunkey
    NinjaHunter said:
    "Basically if you didn't like the story of the past games, MGS4 won't change your mind about the series. But if you had a problem with the game play maybe you'll like this game.
    "

this is true. Personally I really enjoyed all the previous MGS games.

Also, NinjaHinter? Does that include monkeys? (runs away)
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yeah, but all that bollocks is what makes MGS great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.