Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

*SPOILER* Beauty and the Beast (Bad and Sad)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Missed Opportunity - Bad and Sad Taste

I've just completed chapter 3 today. There was another Beauty to fight at the end of this chapter. As you know, the beauties leave their beastly hull, once you've beaten them. The first beauty I encountered in chapter 2, I killed right away. I felt really bad about it, because she seemed so tender and disturbed. Longing for some TLC. So I decided to let the second beauty live and have her way with me. I figured, that she will only live less than a minute outside of her suit (as it has been mentioned by Drebin) and she can't do too much damage being in her undies and all. I wanted to see, what this broken, yet beautiful woman is about.

With delight I discovered, that she didn't seem to hurt Snake, but rather hugged and caressed him. I thought: 'Yeah - this is the good way to send her off. Hugs and kisses. Some tender loving care.' Then I noticed, that every hug hurt Snake. It's like she was choking him to death, which she totally did not, visually speaking. I said to myself, that Snake can take the pain for the little while it would take the beauty to die. Taking her pain away.

With disgust I saw, how Snake bit the dust after being hugged to death over a couple of minutes, going through 6 rations in the process. Another missed opportunity here for some memorable gamedesign. How the fuck is this any good? How the fuck wasn't this handled with more dignity? Why do I have to kill a helpless, disturbed, broken and beautiful woman, who seems to hurt badly and want nothing more than some TLC? The gamedesigners force me to kill her for her loot. A grenade launcher. Reprehensible!

*my soul vomits the black tar it just ingested *Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad!*my heart is sad for this game and my hobby, which in this case, doesn't amount to much more, than missed opportunities and seriously bad taste*
    Ecinsiefil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ecinsiefil

You don't have to kill them. Use the anesthetic gun, for Christ's sakes.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seppli

Good point. I'll send the next one to slumber away peacefully.

Still, I don't get, how they live forever (when they die in less than a minute, according to Drebin) and how hugs and kisses will kill Snake. Wierd and sad.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Drebin_893

You don't have to kill them, I think this says more bad things about you than Kojima.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

To me, the B&B Unit were some of the most boring and uninspired boss fights i've ever played. Giving us 10 minutes of backstory after we've iced them feels so forced. Considering Kojima's lofty aspirations and also great ability to make boss fights something special, these were doubly depressing and for all the wrong reasons.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Seppli
    @Drebin_893 said:
    " You don't have to kill them, I think this says more bad things about you than Kojima. "
    How does me let them hug it out say something bad about me? That it doesn't work that way, says something about this game's design. It is well thought out in all the wrong places. Like making the tranq gun the 'peaceful' resolution to the inner conflict of the beauties, instead of Snake taking their pain from them, by opening himself up to their inner demons. Whatever man - MGS 4 is a wierd game. The entire franchise is wierd... and extremely overrated. I like many of Kojima's games, MGS 4 is not one of them. I fell out of love with the MGS franchise a long time ago and cannot understand, how it still is as highly regarded.

Pseudo. That's what MGS has become. It's all in your heads - brothers!
    copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By copycatzen
    @Ecinsiefil said:
    "You don't have to kill them. Use the anesthetic gun, for Christ's sakes. "

this
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel
    @Seppli said:
    " @Drebin_893 said:
    " You don't have to kill them, I think this says more bad things about you than Kojima. "
    How does me let them hug it out say something bad about me? That it doesn't work that way, says something about this game's design. It is well thought out in all the wrong places. Like making the tranq gun the 'peaceful' resolution to the inner conflict of the beauties, instead of Snake taking their pain from them, by opening himself up to their inner demons. Whatever man - MGS 4 is a wierd game. The entire franchise is wierd... and extremely overrated. I like many of Kojima's games, MGS 4 is not one of them. I fell out of love with the MGS franchise a long time ago and cannot understand, how it still is as highly regarded.  Pseudo. That's what MGS has become. It's all in your heads - brothers! "
    Why would Snake open himself up to someone that is channeling their intense emotionality into the effort of killing him?  If someone is coming after me in a berserker rage, I'm not going to bother telling them that I know how they feel.
    Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Crono

The OPs, misuse of, commas, really annoys me, that said, if you feel bad about, actions, you perform in, a, game, then there is some,thing, wrong with, you, not the, game,

Also, to the guy above me, I don't think the way that the beauties approach snake are in the form of a "berserker rage."  They slowly approach him in a sorta feisty manner IMO... that might lure me into their trap.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Seppli
    @Hailinel said:

" @Seppli said:

" @Drebin_893 said:
    How does me let them hug it out say something bad about me? That it doesn't work that way, says something about this game's design. It is well thought out in all the wrong places. Like making the tranq gun the 'peaceful' resolution to the inner conflict of the beauties, instead of Snake taking their pain from them, by opening himself up to their inner demons. Whatever man - MGS 4 is a wierd game. The entire franchise is wierd... and extremely overrated. I like many of Kojima's games, MGS 4 is not one of them. I fell out of love with the MGS franchise a long time ago and cannot understand, how it still is as highly regarded.  Pseudo. That's what MGS has become. It's all in your heads - brothers! "
    Why would Snake open himself up to someone that is channeling their intense emotionality into the effort of killing him?  If someone is coming after me in a berserker rage, I'm not going to bother telling them that I know how they feel. "
    When a hot, emotionally disturbed chick, dressed in a skin-suit, who has only a minute left to live, came on to me for some TLC, I sure as hell wouldn't shoot her - tranq gun or otherwise. Also, how could any hug kill a supersoldier, such as Snake? Ridiculous!

As for the commas - the internet may not use them, I do though. So STFU grammar nazis!
    ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By ryoma122

my god am i the only one who trys not to kill people in this game
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel
    @Seppli: They're not coming to you for TLC.  They want you dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.