The MGS4 mystery.

#1 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

Why the hell do Gekkos so like cows? The world may never know...

#2 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"Why the hell do Gekkos so like cows? The world may never know..."
It offsets the enemy's minds. They use techniques like that in real warfare too.
#3 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

Crap.

#4 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -
sidescroller said:
"You just got owned with knowledge.

The worst kind of owning."
Got that right.
#5 Posted by Ket87 (441 posts) -

Kojima had actually said after the trailer debuted that gekkos sounded like a mixture of cows and cicadas because they sound peaceful and harmless and it would throw off the enemy. Which really goes to show you how in-depth he was going with this game.

#6 Posted by pirate_republic (1117 posts) -

It's a conspiracy to take over Hawaii. The japans have been discussing this for years and using viral ads like this to send a message to all japans the date and time of their attack. I am not Japan so I can't decipher it.

/sarcasm.

#7 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Because cows are cool? Maybe the Gekkos eat grass when their not fighting!

#8 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"Because cows are cool? Maybe the Gekkos eat grass when their not fighting!"
I've seen them bend over towards the ground before, maybe that's exactly what they were doing.
#9 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"Because cows are cool?"

There's your reason.
#10 Posted by SpikeDelight (687 posts) -

The psychological warfare is genius! Kojima is awesome! I saw him IRL once but I didn't get his autograph I was really sad about that. :(

#11 Posted by SpikeDelight (687 posts) -

Hallo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.