Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

Trophy List announced, and it's pretty insane.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By recroulette
    Bronze You enjoy all the killing, that’s why. Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited.
    Bronze Divine Wind Caused a “divine wind” using the Tanegashima.
    Bronze Hands Up! Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.
    Bronze Emotion Control Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
    Bronze Hurt me more! Shocked an enemy soldier using Mk. II/III.
    Bronze Drum Can Addict Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can.
    Bronze That Tune Is His Mind Control Music Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
    Bronze Overhead view — just like old times… Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
    Silver SUNLIGHT! Obtained the Solar Gun.
    Silver I Just Don’t Fear Death Caused ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.
    Silver Where I Can See Ya Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug.
    Silver Ghost Photography Addict Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
    Silver FaceCamo Addict Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).
    Silver Can you feel my power now!!!? Took control of an enemy soldier’s body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.
    Silver Are you an Otaku too? Viewed all model posters.
    Silver You’re pretty good. Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.
    Gold Flashback Mania Viewed all flashbacks.
    Gold Sounds of the Battlefield Obtained all iPod® tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).
    Gold I am THE expert on weapons, equipment and cutting-edge technology. Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).
    Platinum The Legendary Hero Obtained all trophies.

At first glance, it doesn't seem like the platinum would be that hard, but the killer is Sounds of the Battlefield. You need to unlock every iPod song, the toughest being Snake Eater. 
    To unlock Snake Eater you need to unlock all of the emblems (ranks you get after completion), which takes at least 6 or 7 playthroughs. One being the perfect Big Boss playthrough.  

I'm glad it has a lot of the weird stuff though, I remember being kissed by Ocelot and making Laughing Octopus dance.

For trophy hunters out there, good luck. 
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Grissefar
    @RecSpec said:
    unlock Snake Eater you need to unlock all of the emblems (ranks you get after completion), which takes at least 6 or 7 playthroughs. One being the perfect Big Boss playthrough.
    It requires at least 8, as 8 of the emblems have to be done on seperate playthroughs.

I wonder if some of these are retroactive, as it would be a quick platinum. If not, I don't think I'm going to repeat the same giant task I did 4 years ago. Also, all flashbacks is sick because there are a bunch of hidden ones.
    Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Daneian

@Grissefar said:

It requires at least 8, as 8 of the emblems have to be done on seperate playthroughs. I wonder if some of these are retroactive, as it would be a quick platinum. If not, I don't think I'm going to repeat the same giant task I did 4 years ago. Also, all flashbacks is sick because there are a bunch of hidden ones.

As far as i know, none of the other games that patched in trophy support post-release gave them retroactively. Its the act that triggers each trophy, not the data stored on your save file.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By nintendoeats

@Daneian: I'm fairly confident that Burnout Paradise did, but I could be mistaken.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By gaminghooligan

man, I thought they would just copy the animal medals at the end. good on them for making some fun trophy hunts, can't wait for my third play-through now

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By killacam

i've done so little in this game!

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Strife777

I love the first one, it's so random and weird.

I'll probably play it again, not just for trophies, I think it deserves a revisit.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

Man. I had no idea there were ghosts on Shadow Moses Island again. Kojima, you sneaky bastard.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Daneian

@nintendoeats: It might have. I'm basing that off of how Fallout 3 and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune handled it. I would love it if all i needed to do is put the disc in.

ArcadeHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By ArcadeHero

@nintendoeats said:

@Daneian: I'm fairly confident that Burnout Paradise did, but I could be mistaken.

They were going to, they even locked the save file to your psn account. But after the trophy system launched, sony wouldnt let them.

I'm also hearing that the game differentiates between pre and post-patch saves.

Also, you can read the full list here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots/trophies/

the op doesnt include the hidden trophies.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11  Edited By spiceninja

@Daneian said:

@nintendoeats: It might have. I'm basing that off of how Fallout 3 and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune handled it. I would love it if all i needed to do is put the disc in.

There has never been a PS3 game that had retroactive trophies. Not even Burnout Paradise. And it's not because of any technical reason, it's because it's easy to download a save file and use it on your PS3. And if trophies were based on save files then trophy hacking would be a serious issue. To keep everything fair you're required to play through the game again.

Edit: My mistake, apparently Warhawk had retroactive trophies but it seems like it was a special case.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@ArcadeHero said:

@nintendoeats said:

They were going to, they even locked the save file to your psn account. But after the trophy system launched, sony wouldnt let them.

I'm also hearing that the game differentiates between pre and post-patch saves.

Yeah, as far as i know Warhawk is the only game that gave trophies retroactively. And the only reason Sony allowed it was because the data was on there servers, so they knew it couldn't be tampered with.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#13  Edited By MightyDuck

I'll be lucky if I can three of those...probably the magazine, mkII shocking thing, and holding up a guard. Although, it'll be worth it to play through the game again. It's been quite a few years.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Daneian

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

There has never been a PS3 game that had retroactive trophies. Not even Burnout Paradise. And it's not because of any technical reason, it's because it's easy to download a save file and use it on your PS3. And if trophies were based on save files then trophy hacking would be a serious issue. To keep everything fair you're required to play through the game again.

Edit: My mistake, apparently Warhawk had retroactive trophies but it seems like it was a special case.

I never thought about it being a PSN level integrity measure. Makes sense.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By firecracker22

So the trophies won't be gotten retroactively?

I'm happy to hear it. I've pretty much done everything on that list. Having to do them again for trophies is enough for me to jump back into a game I love.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Daneian

Trophy patch is up. Didn't give me anything retroactively.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Hizang

I'm just happy that I have a reason to play MGS4 again.

Terranova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Terranova

As mentioned patch is up, it's a 500MB+ download and the full install if you choose to do that takes 9GB and 16 mins to do, the MGSO option is removed from the main menu and you have to use a new save. also those trophies listed are not all of them there a fair few hidden ones on top and that includes one for breaking a certain statue.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xyzygy

Patching trophies in 4 years after release is just strange. I think I'm gonna have to pass on this one, MGS4 was just an OK game. Too up its own ass 95% of the time.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#20  Edited By sjschmidt93

Platinum won't be so easy. I did it once but that save file is long gone. Doing those turret sequences wuthout killing anybody was fucking insane.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By lego_my_eggo

Well i know what i am doing for the rest of the day.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By NTM

I saved over my past and long lived profile that had everything done in it. I've played this game so much, and I'm still willing to do so, that's why it's the game I'm playing, but it's just kind of sad that nothing is retroactive, and now I have to start fresh, getting every single thing again. It's about half fantastic since I get to experience it all again for a purpose, and it's half bad because, well, for the same reason. And you get to finally install the full game! That's the highlight.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MikkaQ

Kinda bummed I have to do a new save-file, have some extra equipment, iPod songs and face-camo could have helped me along the way with a couple of those.

Still what this is truly tempting me to do is finish my MGS 2 Extreme all-dogtag playthrough.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By firecracker22

I'm kinda bummed that I have to start a new save. I really wanted to keep adding to that *13 on my save file.

But, it makes sense. Aside from having all the emblems, I have all the weapons, ipod tracks, and camos. So having to start a new save file makes all the sense in the world. If it would have been done retroactively, I honestly think I would have been bummed. I did everything because I wanted to. Now with the trophies as an incentive, I get to do it again.

I wish a video viewer would have been added...but trophies and a full install are great additions.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kashif1

@MikkaQ said:

Still what this is truly tempting me to do is finish my MGS 2 Extreme all-dogtag playthrough.

As a guy whose played the hell out of every game I have to ask, Are you insane?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I think it's insane that the game has gotten Trophies after all this time. Kinda makes me want to go back and play it again...For a thirteenth time. Ugh, maybe not. I kinda obsessed over it for a while, especially since I'm not actually good enough at the game to get the Platinum. Well, with enough time and patience I could probably beat it on Extreme, but I dunno...

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MikkaQ

@kashif1 said:

@MikkaQ said:

I generally don't play the hell out of my games, but I felt urged to do it for some reason. I haven't got particularly far, around the end of the tanker, but it's not TOO hard if you have a guide. You don't have to worry about missing anybody that way, and it becomes less of a hunt for dudes, and more about executing the stealth well.

I think the real challenge is gonna be the boss fights, I have no idea how I'll get those done.

smallville123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By smallville123

It's a good excuse to replay it after almost 4 years :)

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kashif1

@MikkaQ said:

@kashif1 said:

@MikkaQ said:

I generally don't play the hell out of my games, but I felt urged to do it for some reason. I haven't got particularly far, around the end of the tanker, but it's not TOO hard if you have a guide. You don't have to worry about missing anybody that way, and it becomes less of a hunt for dudes, and more about executing the stealth well.

I think the real challenge is gonna be the boss fights, I have no idea how I'll get those done.

Word of warning, the scenes where solidus chokes raiden are brutal on that difficulty. If the forums at gamefaqs are any indication thats the biggest reason people quit.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MikkaQ

@kashif1: Ugh those are hard enough as they are. I'll have to whip out the ol spoon or pen or whatever.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Akrid

Did they patch in the option to install the entire game at once? Between that and the game's hours and hours of cut-scenes I needed to skip through, I gave up pretty quickly on additional play-throughs. It's a shame, because the gameplay is so excellent.

Ocean_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ocean_H

@Akrid said:

Did they patch in the option to install the entire game at once? Between that and the game's hours and hours of cut-scenes I needed to skip through, I gave up pretty quickly on additional play-throughs. It's a shame, because the gameplay is so excellent.

Yes, and it's an option to install 10GB.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By musubi

If they just had some sort of actual PSN release of MGS with trophy support we could have trophies for MGS- MGS 4 + Peacewalker

kevino13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By kevino13

They're just now adding trophies to MCS4?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By fattony12000

I have not played MGS4.

I have owned MGS4 for about 2 years.

I am going to play MGS4 and record every second of it and then blog about it.

Jesus.

Addendum (08/08/12)

I played a bit of MGS4, which is a video game, but god damn do you have to wait a good long time for it to start up!

ewok00p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By ewok00p

Don't think I'll platinum this one, already got almost everything in the game (except bonus for beating the game on The Boss Extreme) I just don't feel up to it, wish they were retroactive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.