Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

Will My Pre Trophy Data Mess Up Certain Trophies?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By nightriff

Anyone know if you need to start the game fresh to obtain trophies or if I can go in with what you've already earned and be fine?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

@Nightriff: They're not retroactive according to the patch disclaimer so yeah, you'll need to start a fresh new game if you want to get them trophies.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By lego_my_eggo

you need to make a new save file to earn trophies, so you cant use your old stuff. I think you can use the ver.1.0 save files with the patched 2.0 ver of the game, but not the other way around, its just that you cant earn trophies.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

OK So can someone please clarify this: I have a really awesome save of the game from like 5 years ago when it first came out. It's at the end, ready for another playthrough (there are 3 stars beside the save file) so does this mean that this save cannot unlock any trophes at all, even if I fulfill the requirements for each trophy?

I hope what I'm asking is clear. Another way to say it is, do the achievements unlock if i'm starting another New Game + on a pre-update save?

wok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wok

@xyzygy: You will not get trophies with that save, but you can still use that save if you want.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

OK So can someone please clarify this: I have a really awesome save of the game from like 5 years ago when it first came out. It's at the end, ready for another playthrough (there are 3 stars beside the save file) so does this mean that this save cannot unlock any trophes at all, even if I fulfill the requirements for each trophy?

I hope what I'm asking is clear. Another way to say it is, do the achievements unlock if i'm starting another New Game + on a pre-update save?

You gotta start a fresh game if you want your trophies.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.