Yo bitch! Where my trophies!?

#1 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -
#2 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

meh...the game had its own form of achievements, so its not necessary for a patch this late.....but any reason to play through it again would be okay with me. 

#3 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

TwoOneFive said:

"meh...the game had its own form of achievements, so its not necessary for a patch this late.....but any reason to play through it again would be okay with me. "

do you remember how many new people got Uncharted after trophies were added?

#4 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

I know, it's crazy they didn't patch MGS4.

I assume it's not going to happen now though.

#5 Posted by Otacon (2208 posts) -

Or an even worse thought, they only have trophies in MGS4:Existance, but they wouldn't do that... would they?

#6 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

MGS4 :- existance doesnt - ahahahahaha- exist

Existance was the name of Disc 3 from the Metal gear solid 3 Subsistance 3 disc package, 

Disc 1 :- subsistance = game
Disc 2 :- persistance = online multiplayer
Disc 3 :- Existance = Whole games cut scenes strung together with gameplay footage in between turning it into one giant film f or those who wanted to watch the story but sucked at the game
#7 Posted by Drebin_893 (2891 posts) -

I hope it doesn't get them.

#8 Posted by Snail (8574 posts) -

I don't think people will want to go over that game all over again just for trophies.. I know I wouldn't.

#9 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -
Drebin_893 said:
"I hope it doesn't get them."
Why?

It's one thing not to care, and another to actively hope it doesn't happen.
#10 Posted by Snail (8574 posts) -
Azteris said:
"Drebin_893 said:
Why?

It's one thing not to care, and another to actively hope it doesn't happen."
I second that.
#11 Edited by Drebin_893 (2891 posts) -
Azteris said:
"Drebin_893 said:
Why?

Fair enough, sorry. I re-phrase.

I've played through that game 13 times. I won't go back to get trophies.
#12 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -
Drebin_893 said:
"Azteris said:
"Drebin_893 said:
Why?

Fair enough, sorry. I re-phrase.

I've played through that game 13 times. I won't go back to get trophies."
I see.

Wait...why the fuck have you played through it THIRTEEN times?
#13 Posted by Drebin_893 (2891 posts) -

Smoking monkey....

#14 Posted by Lieutenant (347 posts) -
Shadow said:
"

So this is byfar the most popular PS3 game, but it was released literally weeks before trophy support was put into effect.  It's been over half a year now, but why isn't there trophy support in here yet?  I mean come on.  After this long, trophies would be the perfect thing to get the masses to start buying the game again, and the perfect thing to get me to replay the game a whole bunch more.  So keeping that in mind Konami, you betta get me mah trophies soon befoe I lose it and slap a bitch!

"
I'd replay it if they added trophies (would be my 4th play through). I'm guessing they're waiting for Existence to release them, or maybe never at all (considering Japan in general havent caught onto the whole trophies/achievements thing).
#15 Posted by Gameboi (653 posts) -

I'm greatly surprised that such as patch hasn't been in the works. If any game should have trophy support, it should be the PS3 exclusive ones.  Maybe that has something to do with it. No  competetition?

#16 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I must say I am surprised as well. And I just finally got a PS3 for Christmas along with MGS4, so I could have easily played through it for the first time getting trophies along the way if the patch came out. It is strange it didn't.

#17 Posted by Otacon (2208 posts) -

I see, thanks OmegaPirate!

#18 Posted by Elsteven0 (3 posts) -

it would be so great if this game got trophy support. Then i would play the crap out of it :b

#19 Posted by Hexpane (1397 posts) -

go back to myspace w/ that "yo bitch" crap.  I think Jack in the BOx might be hiring

#20 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -
Hexpane said:
"go back to myspace w/ that "yo bitch" crap.  I think Jack in the BOx might be hiring"
Yo cuz, don't be trippin' cuz he callin' yo mama bout some important biz.
#21 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -
#22 Posted by Volgin13 (191 posts) -

I'd gleefully play through it again if trophies were added!

#23 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -
Volgin13 said:
"I'd gleefully play through it again if trophies were added!"
Same with me.
#24 Posted by Ket87 (441 posts) -

Just throwing out something to the people who freak out when someone says Existence, yes everyone knows it was the bonus disc with the Subsistence LE but a few months ago Konami trademarked Existance. Why else would they register a trademark for it if they were not going to use it for an upcoming game considering it had been 3 years since the limited edition bonus disc that no one cared about even came out?

#25 Posted by copycatzen (816 posts) -
#26 Posted by yakov456 (1896 posts) -

Japanese could care less about trophies/achievements, it will never happen.

#27 Posted by mhkjtha (429 posts) -

why do you people care? thats retarded

#28 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -
@mhkjtha said:  

Says the dude replying to a 5 month old thread ;)
#29 Posted by iPhone_Tyler (136 posts) -
@OmegaPirate said:
" @mhkjtha said:   Says the dude replying to a 5 month old thread ;) "
lol!
#30 Posted by Snail (8574 posts) -
@mhkjtha said:
"why do you people care? thats retarded "
A) Learn to spell  
B) There is this key called "Shift" learn to use it.
C) Why does it bother you that people care? People like throphies because they are rewards for achieving stuff in games, and having trophies in an already great game would make it more enjoyable for more people, not that it is of my best interest anyway.
#31 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -

I'm currently playing through this game for the first time & I really wish it had trophies. MGS4 is the first game I've played that doesn't have Achievements/Trophies in it..... & the game is so good I really don't mind.

#32 Posted by Bouke (1401 posts) -
@jNerd:
I have had this game for a while and was kind of holding out on playing it. I heard Konami put out a statement last year saying they heard the voices of the MGS community, and they are looking into adding trophies. After that nothing, complete silence on the whole thing. Now i'm not a trophy whore or anything, but i figured if i'm playing through this game (probably only once) it would be nice to add some trophies to my collection. Since there was no news on the trophies, i guess i'll just play it when i have the time, because i still want to.
#33 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

It's Never going to happen, right?

#34 Edited by luce (4045 posts) -

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE, THREAD

also, they're probably holding off for a Metal Gear Solid 4 Substinense or something..no use in putting new trophies in an old game

#35 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Gabriel said:
" It's Never going to happen, right? "
No it is not. And do not raise dead threads! 
#36 Posted by CounterShock (420 posts) -

I'm callin it, trophies will be included in the eventual re-release that is probably coming late this year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.