zainag's Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Limited Edition) (PlayStation 3) review

• zainag wrote this review on .

The best game of 2008

The Metal Gear Series are the reason to buy any playstation hardware:
- I actually bought a Sony TV for my dorm room when my roomate decided to buy a Playstation just so we could play MGS
- I bought PS2 when MGS2 was being release on the PS2
- I bought my PSP to play Metal Gear Acid and
- I recently bought my PS3 MGS4 bundle

I have no hesitation in calling myself an MGS fanboy and the latest game in the series is a vindication of my blatent fanboyism. The game is superb in all aspects and blends cinematics and gameplay together expertly in a way that only the series' director Kojima san can.

Admittedly, the conematics sometimes do become overbearing and the story overly drmatic but its all part of the package that makes MGS4 such a great game. I would highly recommend anyone with a PS3 to go out and buy this game now! You will not be disappointed.

P.S. - Congratulations on finally launching the new site guys - best of luck.

Other reviews for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Limited Edition) (PlayStation 3)

Cinamatic Perfection 0

Metal Gear Solid is one of those single player experiences that anyone who calls themselves a gamer would be crazy to miss. Hideo Kojima has ended the tale of Solid Snake with an experience that can not be called anything other than epic. Given the story can at times seem a bit over the top it is so well presented it and a few movement / control shortcomings can easily be forgiven. This is single player experience any fan of the series ( or anyone new abet some brushing up on MGS history would b...