supakoopatroopa's Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Limited Edition) (PlayStation 3) review

An Experience to Remember

I played Metal Gear Solid (PS1) back in 1999. It was the greatest gaming experience I ever had. I remember calling my friend on the phone in panic after Meryl had been shot by Sniper Wolf. That's how emotionally deep I was into the game. The Otocon-Sniper Wolf scene in the snow almost made me cry. Ok maybe it did.

I now see Snake aging, dying, and I feel like this is a real person I used to know 10 years ago. I feel like I was really there with him saving the world from nuclear disaster. Maybe it's because I was 12 years old when I first played it and my mind was used to living in imaginary worlds.

Yeah yeah, everyone knows, the graphics are amazing and the cut scenes were too many and too long, but I didn't even care. I wouldn't have cared if MGS4 was nothing but a movie and no game play. I liked hearing the rest of the story. The gameplay, however, is very similar to all the other MGS games.

One of the greatest moments is the return to Shadow Moses Island. Though I really didn't care for Raiden in this one. Now he's back as some badass. I was glad to see him go at the end of MGS2. Whatever, I don't think they'll ever get rid of him now with MGS5.

You really have to play Metal Gear Solid for PS1, live 10 more years, then play MGS4 to get the full effect of this game.

Other reviews for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Limited Edition) (PlayStation 3)

Jaw Dropping 0

Metal Gear solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is without a doubt the ultimate Metal Gear experience for any fan of the series and an absolute must have for any PS3 owners looking for a good game and a reason to justify their purchase of a PS3. It pretty much answers every question you had on its previous entries. Metal Gear solid 4 has been completely re hauled in the gameplay department. It plays very different from it's predecessors. Although at the same time it's more accessible to western audie...