Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Game » consists of 60 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

A compilation of several remastered Metal Gear titles: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, plus hundreds of VR missions and both classic MSX2 Metal Gear games.

$50 for the MGS Collection.

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperCycle

I read on Shacknews and IGN that this collection is going to be $50. This is almost the price of a new game, I thought the standard for these collections was $30, why in such a short period of time are they rising so high? Will the MGS collection really add anything new to the game besides upscaled graphics? Is that and Trophies really worth the price tag?

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By benjaebe

I don't think they've announced a price yet. And even if it was $50, for three games and assuming that the ports are of high quality (and they really look like they are,) the price is still a steal.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By pjacobson21

if that proves to be true that's a big bummer. I will probably still end up purchasing it because the first MGS game I played was 4 and it made me want to go back and play the earlier ones, but I can see how the higher price might be a deal breaker for someone who already owns the games.

LibraryDues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By LibraryDues

I can't bring myself to complain. Kojima had my damn money the second this thing was announced, why pretend otherwise?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@SuperCycle said:

I read on Shacknews and IGN that this collection is going to be $50. This is almost the price of a new game, I thought the standard for these collections was $30, why in such a short period of time are they rising so high? Will the MGS collection really add anything new to the game besides upscaled graphics? Is that and Trophies really worth the price tag?

2 PS2 games which they would probably would have made $30-$40 and a PSP game that came out last year being turned into a PS3 game. The PSP game is $20 right now. Also TRANSFARRING.

I'm probably gonna get it.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By FancySoapsMan

MGS is worth it

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By N7

@FancySoapsMan said:

MGS is worth it

Word. Maybe if it was Portable Ops and Ac!d 1 and 2, $50 would be obscene! But dude, it's freaking MGS2 AND 3. And Peace Walker!! The fun is limitless!

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SuperCycle

So It's the name branding that is key here? Fans of the series are going to get it no matter what? I wonder what would be the realistic limit for most people price wise for getting this game? Could they charge the full amount of a new game? More than the full price, it is three games.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iDarktread

@SuperCycle: People pay for good games. I'd pay $60 for the collection, and I'm not a fan.

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hameyadea

You are getting 2 FULL home console games and one portable console game, ported by the developers under the guidance of the creator himself! $50 sound reasonable to me.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RE_Player1

Don't like it, don't pay it. Simple.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CptBedlam

Just wait a few weeks. It'll get cheaper quickly and while I want to replay those games eventually, I have no strong desire to do it right now. So waiting isn't so bad in this case.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By huntad

All of the other HD Collections were what - $40? Those had two games in it so each game would be $20. This one has three games in it so each game would be $16-$17. I don't see how this is worth complaining over. They are full-length games. I don't even know what else to say. You've probably already made your mind up anyways. I don't care, I'm getting em!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MikkaQ

No transfarring, no sale. Plus I already bought Peace Walker when it was new.

babylonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By babylonian

$50 is a completely unabsurd price for HD versions of these particular games. Don't be silly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.