Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Game » consists of 60 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

A compilation of several remastered Metal Gear titles: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, plus hundreds of VR missions and both classic MSX2 Metal Gear games.

Has anyone tried to platinum this game ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

I'm trying to. Collecting all the dog tags on extreme wasn't the hardest part so far; I had already done it a decade ago when the game came out. The VR missions is where the challenge resides. More precisely, the VR Missions with MGS1 Snake. Even more precisely, this piece of shit mission. God fucking damnit. I'd say the game still has not reached a Mirror's Edge level of frustration when trying to get all the trophies, but it's not far behind.

I'm well over 20 hours in the VR missions alone. Anyone here has tried it ?

edit: I'm talking about MGS2 specifically.

madladunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I piled a good 60 + hours in to trying to get the Platinum on MGS2, then gave up with about 50% of the VR missions still to go. It wasn't just that they were difficult (although some of them were very difficult), it was also that they were so repetitive.

Last time I gave up on trophies/achievements for a game was Stranglehold on 360 (hardest difficulty playthrough). MGS2 has kinda made me rethink my gaming life -> since then I've been largely trying to avoid getting drawn into trophy/achievement hunting - it's going well, I completed Far Cry 3 over the weekend and then just put it down, no interest in mopping up any outstanding trophies. MGS2 really broke me.

It's a shame really, because I left MGS2 on a bad note -> I'd gone back to the HD collection so I could revisit these classic games and use the trophies as a guide excuse to see and do everything.

I'm going to dip back in for MGS3 and Peace Walker in the next few weeks - by all accounts the former's trophies are a great deal simpler, so I guess it won't be too much of a stretch to nab the Platinum there if the mood takes me.

So, yeah, in conclusion, the MGS2 Platinum is a bit of a ****. Agreed.

undrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm gonna start playing the collection for the first time in a few months, if it really takes 60 hrs for just MGS2 then oh god I will not see the sun.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Haven't tried to platinum any of them but I do have the Virtually Impossible trophy on PS3. But man, fuck MGS1 Snake Hold Up Level 8!

Those sniping missions are a right-arse too.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man, some of those VR Missions can be a real pain with having to get reacquainted with the controls. Those FPS VR Missions are a damn nightmare.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

MGS2 is the hardest one. MGS3 and Peace Walker are a bit tedious with all the various collectible stuff you have to get but MGS2 is legit super hard.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Locked because the thread was necroed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.