Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Game » consists of 60 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

A compilation of several remastered Metal Gear titles: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, plus hundreds of VR missions and both classic MSX2 Metal Gear games.

If the MGS HDC Is Not the Sub Editions, I'm Not Buying

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Staff, 

Find out if the MGS HDC is the Sub editions or the originals. 

It would be fucking downright bullshit if they put in the original versions and NOT the Sub editions.  Both the PS2 and Xbox got the MGS2 Sub, and it wouldn't be too hard to port the MGS3 sub to xbox as well.   

I have no reason to even pick this up if it won't be the Sub editions.   

Knowing how Konami has been doing it though, I can see the Sub Editions being released later on.  >_>

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By LordXavierBritish

They aren't rereleases they are completely new.

Right?

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Nobody cares what you spend your money on.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By KaosAngel
    @GunslingerPanda said:
    Konami cares, it's less money for them.  I'm not the only one either, look around other sites and you'll see other people worried too.  Most hardcore MGS fans own Sub editions for MGS2 and MGS3.   

There's no reason not to make it the Sub editions, unless they want to re-release the HD Collection as Metal Gear Solid Substancesistance HD Collection.
    SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SadPatrol
    @KaosAngel
    @GunslingerPanda said:
    Konami cares, it's less money for them.  I'm not the only one either, look around other sites and you'll see other people worried too.  Most hardcore MGS fans own Sub editions for MGS2 and MGS3.   

There's no reason not to make it the Sub editions, unless they want to re-release the HD Collection as Metal Gear Solid Substancesistance HD Collection.
    No, not even konami cares. But way to think highly of yourself.
    Halve_ZOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Halve_ZOL
    @KaosAngel said:
    Staff,  Find out if the MGS HDC is the Sub editions or the originals.  It would be fucking downright bullshit if they put in the original versions and NOT the Sub editions.  Both the PS2 and Xbox got the MGS2 Sub, and it wouldn't be too hard to port the MGS3 sub to xbox as well.    I have no reason to even pick this up if it won't be the Sub editions.    Knowing how Konami has been doing it though, I can see the Sub Editions being released later on.  >_>
    According to Eurogamer:

'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD, announced last night as part of a Metal Gear Solid HD Collection due out this year, is the Subsistence version.

Subsistence was the enhanced international version of the game, and included updated versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, a competitive online mode and a fully 3D camera for use in the main game.'

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-03-mgs-hd-collection-by-god-of-war-hd-dev

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Gerhabio

You changed your avatar? Your old one always reminded me of Terry Bogard's cap for some reason.

Like a silhouette of the hat...
    Like a silhouette of the hat...
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By AuthenticM

Of course they are the sub editions. Do you really need confirmation?

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#9  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

Will it actually have all of the features from Subsistence though, or just the camera? Confirming MGS3 Subsistence but not MGS2 Substance makes me think they'll just port disc 1 of Subsistence, and use Sons of Liberty instead of Substance. The MGS Essentials Collection used Subsistence but only included disc 1, so you didn't get any of the extras, just the main game. I don't care too much since I'll be getting this collection mainly for Peace Walker, which I never owned, but having the extras would be nice. The 360 version definitely won't have Ape vs Snake though since Ape Escape is a Sony franchise.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PillClinton
    @KaosAngel: I agree, man.  Sub editions or bust...although, I'll still buy it regardless so... 

@Taku128: I'm also most excited for PW, as I never owned a PSP and obviously never will.  
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hunkulese
    @KaosAngel said:
    @GunslingerPanda said:
    Konami cares, it's less money for them.  I'm not the only one either, look around other sites and you'll see other people worried too.  Most hardcore MGS fans own Sub editions for MGS2 and MGS3.    There's no reason not to make it the Sub editions, unless they want to re-release the HD Collection as Metal Gear Solid Substancesistance HD Collection.
    If your threat is targeted at Konami please keep it off these boards. 
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By gla55jAw
    @Hunkulese said:
    @KaosAngel said:
    @GunslingerPanda said:
    Konami cares, it's less money for them.  I'm not the only one either, look around other sites and you'll see other people worried too.  Most hardcore MGS fans own Sub editions for MGS2 and MGS3.    There's no reason not to make it the Sub editions, unless they want to re-release the HD Collection as Metal Gear Solid Substancesistance HD Collection.
    What are you the board police?
    liquidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#13  Edited By liquidmatt
    @KaosAngel said:
    This is a very good point, minus the money-making factor - more releases, more money, especially if they know fanboys of the series will cough up dough for multiple versions of multiple versions. What I don't understand is why people care whether  MGS3:SubHD has the online, when MGO was an updated and refined version of it. Peace Walker co-op campaign/missions, sure, but an old version of MGO? What's the problem?
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Azteck
    @Hunkulese said:
    @KaosAngel said:
    @GunslingerPanda said:
    I will fire a tactical air strike at Konami headquarters unless these are the sub-versions.

Fuck the police.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By onarum

I'm pretty sure they will be, I don't see why they wouldn't use the most up to date versions of the games.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Hizang

I am lucky enough to own the 3 disc edition of Subsistance, this suffice's me just fine with that. However, give me a HD remake of the Skateboarding mini game and I'm one happy Gamer.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By keyhunter

I hope it also has ape escape. "Gotcha!" "You're mine!"

ASpaceSeaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ASpaceSeaman

@KaosAngel: I love how you yell at the staff demanding to find info. that no one knows about a game announced just last night. They have more important things to do than make you happy.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BBQBram

Yeah it'll probably be the enhanced versions. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.