Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Game » consists of 60 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

A compilation of several remastered Metal Gear titles: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, plus hundreds of VR missions and both classic MSX2 Metal Gear games.

Kind of a bittersweet announcement

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hunkulese

Snake Eater 3D was one of the few 3DS games I was looking forward to but it seems kind of pointless now.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By mazik765

I just finished beating MGS 1-3 on my friend's old PS2 and now you tell me I could do it on my 360, in HD, with achievements?! -.-

Avatar image for christiancastillo
    ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ChristianCastillo

I don't understand why they would put the psp game in the collection rather than MGS 4.  Actually, yes i do: transfarring -.-

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By EuanDewar
    @ChristianCastillo said:
    I don't understand why they would put the psp game in the collection rather than MGS 4.  Actually, yes i do: transfarring -.-
    Peace Walker is the best selling MGS game in japan so it makes some amount of sense.
    jondavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By jondavis
    @ChristianCastillo: Because MGS4 would be several DVDs on the 360 and an extra Bluray on the PS3. We must assume it's one BD and several DVDs.
    Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Oscar__Explosion
    @EuanDewar: but why put out peace walker rather then make the collection MGS1, 2, 3? 

It would be just like the Metal Gear Solid Essentials collection that came out a few years back but spruced up in HD with achievements/trophies
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Oscar__Explosion
    @Hunkulese: In a way I'm glad that MGS 3 is coming out in a better way onto consoles. No console (or handheld) should rely on ports and enhanced ports to carry it over.  
    Not saying that enhanced ports are a bad thing or anything like that. I have bought some myself. I just don't think that any system should rely on the sales of ports at the start.
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By EuanDewar
    @Oscar__Explosion said:

@EuanDewar: but why put out peace walker rather then make the collection MGS1, 2, 3?  It would be just like the Metal Gear Solid Essentials collection that came out a few years back but spruced up in HD with achievements/trophies

They wouldn't have made the decision to put PW in there instead of MGS1 if it didn't make business sense or maybe something with copyright or some crap like that was holding them back. I'm sure we'll be given a real reason in due time.
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Oscar__Explosion
    @EuanDewar: I hope we do hear something as to why that is.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BBQBram

I'm still getting Snake Eater 3DS as well - it's one of my favourite games and I'd love to have it on the go.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thehexeditor

@EuanDewar said:

@ChristianCastillo said:
    I don't understand why they would put the psp game in the collection rather than MGS 4. Actually, yes i do: transfarring -.-
    Peace Walker is the best selling MGS game in japan so it makes some amount of sense.

I thought Peace Walker was the best MGS next to 3. Too bad not many people outside of Japan played it.

protomessiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By protomessiah

I am really looking forward to playing Peace Walker. I am a bit disappointed to see what was a great Playstation exclusive go to the 360 as well, I am glad that more people will have the chance to play the game and sales can increase. As for the 3DS version of Snake Eater, I was going to get the 3DS for just that and Ocarina of Time but now I am going to wait and see what Nintendo have to show at E3 before spending any of my hard earned money on what might be a dud.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Dylabaloo

I have to agree that this is a real kick in the teeth for Nintendo, MGS 3D Snake Eater was about to sell me on the 3DS but after seeing this collection for the 360 it seems rather pointless. I hope Nintendo have some great 3DS news for E3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.