MGS HD Collection for $40 on Amazone (360 version only)

#1 Edited by 617_jbug (343 posts) -
#2 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

It most likely has to do with preorders. Japanese games just aren't popular on 360 at this point.

#3 Posted by 617_jbug (343 posts) -

Actually it looks like Amazon price matched Toys R Us.

#4 Posted by bybeach (4736 posts) -

They were right in my case. I'll take a look...

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10576 posts) -

But you get Transfarring in the PS3 version. More than worth an extra $10, if you ask me.

#6 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

But you get Transfarring in the PS3 version. More than worth an extra $10, if you ask me.

Only in the Japanese version. Part of Microsoft's requirements to have the same content on disk across platforms. Microsoft Japan doesn't have that restriction though. Or any restrictions. Its kinda weird.

#7 Posted by bybeach (4736 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

I forget what transfarring even means....

So tempted, but I worry that they may do a better job on the PS3, being used to it..if that factors in.

#8 Posted by SamFo (1527 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan: wasn't that not available in the USA?

#9 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10576 posts) -

@Snapstacle: @SamFo: I thought that turned out to be not true. Don't quote me on that though.

#10 Posted by thechronodarkness (294 posts) -

Well, ABOUT TIME amazon matched the toys r' us price. Though, toys had both versions at 40$. Considering the state of rising, is a bit in limbo, I wonder how amazons going to take it. Wouldn't surprise me if they rename and change the entire game up at that spike awards thing. I don't understand why amazon just didn't give a 5$ credit like they do on the rest of the games.

But...I have to ask. Do you really, really care about transfarring? If you play peace walker, I'd imagine you'd want to start at the beginning to warrent not trading your psp save. Or...are you seriously going to buy both the vita and ps3 versions? Its a great collection, but....not enough to warrent 90-100$ for both versions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.