Now this is a proper limited edition!

#1 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

The Metal Gear Solid Ultimate HD Collection comes in a steel book case, art cards, MGS4 and a download for MGS1. That by itself is a really nice collection as it pretty much is the whole of Metal Gear Solid in one box. The best thing about this though is that is actully limited, there are only going to be 4000 of these things worldwide. Prices are really weird right now, some have a starting price of £400 where some have a starting price of £70.

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (5398 posts) -

£400 really doesn't seem like appropriate pricing considering the individual value of those things.

#3 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

@AlisterCat: Yeah, but, STEEL BOOK CASE. That's gotta be worth at least, what, $900?

#4 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

@AlisterCat: Its the fact that there is only going to be 4000 made, but even thats quite a high price.

#5 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I see no value in such a thing. :/

Who's idea was it to make MGS1 a freaking download code? Re-print the game specifically for this "limited" collection. Lazy chumps.

#6 Posted by Cheesebob (1211 posts) -

Zavvi has this for £69

#7 Posted by EVO (3781 posts) -

@Cheesebob said:

Zavvi has this for £69

Not the limited edition, I just checked.

#8 Posted by Hameyadea (339 posts) -

@EVO said:

@Cheesebob said:

Zavvi has this for £69

That 'cause they were sold-out 2 hours after the announcement, in 24th of August, if I'm not mistaken.

#9 Posted by EVO (3781 posts) -

@Hameyadea said:

@EVO said:

@Cheesebob said:

Zavvi has this for £69

That 'cause they were sold-out 2 hours after the announcement, in 24th of August, if I'm not mistaken.

Really? 4,000 is too limited, they should of made 40,000.

#10 Edited by Turambar (6484 posts) -

Huh. It's $49.95 for pre-order on amazon right now.

Edit: wait, oh, limited edition. nvm

#11 Posted by I_smell (3926 posts) -

4000 sounds like a lot. Didn't Nike just make 1500 of those shoes?

THAT'S limited.

#12 Posted by Hameyadea (339 posts) -

@I_smell: Some bands are releasing their albums only on 500 12" vinyl records signed by the band members. Now *THAT* is limited release.

#13 Posted by GetEveryone (4454 posts) -

I'm only selling one copy of the poem I just wrote in Notepad. Now *that* is limited release.

#14 Posted by dbz1995 (4786 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
I'm only selling one copy of the poem I just wrote in Notepad. Now *that* is limited release.
Can I buy it?I'll pay you in Drebin Points

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.