So this arrived today...

Posted by craigymail (193 posts) -

It's pretty fuckin' sweet.

#1 Posted by craigymail (193 posts) -

It's pretty fuckin' sweet.

#2 Posted by Pezen (1591 posts) -

Why didn't they put the girl in the middle?

#3 Posted by craigymail (193 posts) -

Because Konami are totally smart!

#4 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

That the Zavvi bundle?

Damn, I hope I get it tommorow then because no mail on weekends means I'll have to wait until Monday otherwise.

#5 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Sweet. I'm going to buy the standard edition soon, but I'm waiting for the price to plummet (I give it 3 weeks) and to find out if Mass Effect 3 sucks or not.

#6 Posted by craigymail (193 posts) -

@Jack268: Yeah comes with a shirt, and for some reason it comes with the standard plastic case and also the steelbook case.

#7 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -

YO THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME. You should put it up on Diesnake or something.

#8 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

I couldn't find the limited edition anywhere today, so I ended up buying the standard one. By the way; does anyone know why Konami delayed the collection 3 months in Europe? It's not like it's the 90s all over again and we get games 6 months to a year after N.America.

#9 Posted by craigymail (193 posts) -

@ahaisthisourchance: It's beginning to get like that again I'm afraid! I mean we haven't even got The Muppets Movie yet too! They are always fucking us over!

#10 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1004 posts) -

Best Achievements/Trophies of any game ever.

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

That boxart is awesome.

#12 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

That's pretty damn sweet.....I just own the standard North American edition.

#13 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

I'm running straight down to Tesco tomorrow to pick this game up, I went there this evening and nothing. Does anybody know when Tesco stock games?

#14 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

Jealous

#15 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

@craigymail: Awesome box art, but what else comes with the LE? I tried looking online but all I could find was that it came with an art book. Is that true? If so, either that packaging is way too big the the art book is fucking awesome.

#16 Posted by craigymail (193 posts) -

@RsistncE: I'll take some pictures later but you get this lot:

Artbook of all the games, T-shirt and Steelbook. The website I brought it off is HERE and I believe they still have some in stock.

#17 Posted by BasketSnake (1184 posts) -

I immediately started SE when I got it since that's my favourite in the series. I'm struggling quite a bit getting back into the controls. It's awkward as hell.

#18 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

I'm almost done with MGS2, these trophys are just great.

#19 Posted by RockAction (377 posts) -

Still waiting on mine; its been shipped, but zavvi aren't great with orders so i don't know when i'll get it

i'm going away for a week so i won't get to play it for ages, was hoping it would arrive today so i could play it

box looks great, i was annoyed when zavvi said they lost the exclusivity but this new product is far better than what they were offering before - even if it doesn't come with MGS1 and 4 as the previous had (making it a complete bundle)

very much looking forward to playing the series from the start; MGS2 is one of my favourite games, and MGS3 is one of the best games ever made

#20 Posted by craigymail (193 posts) -

@Hizang said:

I have't even started playing it yet! I have not heard a bad word against it though, how long would you say MSG2 took you to finish?

#21 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@craigymail said:

@Hizang said:

I have't even started playing it yet! I have not heard a bad word against it though, how long would you say MSG2 took you to finish?

It depends on if you watch all the cutscenes and listen through all the codec conversations.....if you don't skip any of that it probably takes around 12 hours....if you do skip the cutscenes and codec conversations its more around 6-8 hours, even less if you know what to do and your good at the game.

#22 Posted by TCSRush (25 posts) -

AH! I can't wait to get mine. I'm so excited!

#23 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

@craigymail: @Unknown_Pleasures: It took me just over 9 hours, I watched every single cutscene and codec conversation too. I did play that game a whole bunch when it came out, I have beat it over 100 times.

#24 Posted by MikkaQ (10278 posts) -

I almost regretted not getting that, but when I found out it was a t-shirt and some art, well I'll live.

Still this collection is awesome and has kept me busy for a while now. Playing Peace Walker again is a lot of fun on a big screen.

#25 Posted by Pazy (2563 posts) -

@craigymail said:

@Hizang said:

I played MGS2: Substance a couple days ago, it took about 8 hours and I watched every cutscene and listened to all the codec's. I also suck at stealth so its not a long ago.

#26 Posted by Doctorchimp (4074 posts) -

@Sooty said:

Sweet. I'm going to buy the standard edition soon, but I'm waiting for the price to plummet (I give it 3 weeks)

Same here. I'm just waiting for this and the Team ICO collection to hit 20 bucks a piece so I can get both of them.

#27 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

i don't think this is out in europe yet is it? i've been looking for it.

#28 Posted by SlashDance (1813 posts) -

I didn't even know this existed. Looks cool but it's a bit pricey for what you're getting.

#29 Posted by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -

@craigymail said:

@Hizang said:

I beat it my first time a month ago in the HD collection and it took me about 12 hours.

#30 Posted by GunstarRed (5103 posts) -

It's awesome, but I'd never spend £70 on it, really not worth it and I've seen how these collectors editions at Zavvi/hmv etc go. Come back during the next sale and it'll be half the price.

#31 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@craigymail: @Unknown_Pleasures: It took me just over 9 hours, I watched every single cutscene and codec conversation too. I did play that game a whole bunch when it came out, I have beat it over 100 times.

Yeah it varies depending on your skill and knowledge of the game....it also depends on what difficulty you play the game on....I beat the game in about 3 and a half hours on Hard with getting all the dog tags and skipping all the dialogue and cutscenes....playing on Extreme difficulty took me around 6 hours with getting all dog tags.

#32 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

nice art work. still need to beat them games.

#33 Posted by huntad (1931 posts) -

Man, I should probably get this HD collection.

#34 Edited by dodgyc (70 posts) -

My Tesco had piles of the standard edition in the charts section. I picked this and FFXIII-2 up at the same time. Can't wait to crack this open, but working through FF first.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.