Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Game » consists of 60 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

A compilation of several remastered Metal Gear titles: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, plus hundreds of VR missions and both classic MSX2 Metal Gear games.

Sound Mixing A Bit Off in HD Collection?

CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By CraigAA1028

I just got the HD collection today and started playing through MGS2. I've played MGS2 and MGS3 to death before so maybe a newcomer wouldn't notice these issues, but two things related to sound design bug me. First is the rerecorded dialouge. Now only a few lines have been rerecorded to mention the new controller layouts during Codec conversations, but they stand out. The actors were either directed poorly or just didn't care about recording 10 or so long from a game they worked on a decade ago, but the quality from one line to the next in these instances is very distracting to me. Secondly, it seems to me that music drowns out the dialouge sometimes. If you try to have a Codec conversation while the music is going, it's really hard to hear the characters and without any way to adjust sound levels in the options screen, its an issue that can't ever be fixed. I don't recall this being an issue in the original release. Minor complaints overall as MGS2 still holds up rather well, but I'm curious if either of these things bug someone else.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By OllyOxenFree

KOOOOJIIIIMMMAAAAAAA!!!

Error1355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Error1355

Make sure your system isn't setup to play in surround sound when you don't have a surround sound system. I know my codec convos were really damn quiet until I fixed that.

CannonGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CannonGoose

Are you using the normal built-in TV speakers? I'm pretty sure they remastered the sound to support 5.1 channels and unfortunately 5.1 mixes can sound pretty off on stereo speakers.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oh man. MGS needs to get some Deadly Premonition music whenever Ocelot does his thing. Oh man.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#6  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

The only issue I've had regarding audio is that the "Snake Eater" theme for the MGS3 intro credits is off by three to four seconds. Shame, really, since that intro is my most favorite late title card ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.