Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Game » consists of 60 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

A compilation of several remastered Metal Gear titles: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, plus hundreds of VR missions and both classic MSX2 Metal Gear games.

Want Drew to explore more in MGS 2? Say La Li Lu Le Lo.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

La li lu le lo. But I think some of the lack of exploration/experimentation comes from Drew's lack of confidence with the controls, too.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Word to your mothers, la, li, lu, le, lo

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@nasar7 said:

La li lu le lo. But I think some of the lack of exploration/experimentation comes from Drew's lack of confidence with the controls, too.

I think just the stealth in general.

Something that really has hit me watching the first series and now this one is how little actual stealth there is in MGS 1. There are only a few sizable areas where you have to do any challenging stealth. The boss fights are really rapid fire for a good portion of the game.

MGS 2 is really a whole different animal. I think Drew is going to have difficulty with it. Personally, I never enjoyed playing this game.

I'll be interested to see how it goes.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Drew will be doing more exploring now that he has to look for the C4 and stuff. Now that I think about it, the game gives you a lot of excuses to do laps around the Big Shell and find new things.

Unless I'm mistaken, some of the, uh, odder things don't really show up unless you've already beaten the game.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bybeach

LaLiLuLeLo Crazy Kojima. People have been laughing about that one for ages. Wondering if it was thought that was at the least, happy English.

But my advice is for Drew to take some time exploring. he has a proven expert in Dan. He could give direction to Drew a bit on or off-camera without revealing spoilers. I know it's a hassle to keep freaked out viewers from judging everything. But maybe they could work out a short list of yeah, go look around areas....... They kind of do that anyway, really.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

The Patriots.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I'm fine with Drew playing how he wants to. My number one interest in this series is seeing the story from these games. The stories have always interested me but every time I've attempted to play them the controls completely turn me off. If he explores more that's fine, if he doesn't that's fine too.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't really think its an issue. Drew is playing the game the way he wants to play and Dan and Jason are making sure he doesn't miss any key/helpful items or major Easter eggs. If each encounter is as much a chore for him as it seems he may not want to spend more time than he has to in an area.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 0

If they're only doing 2 episodes a week and only an hour and some change in length, nah I'd rather he just goes at his own pace. I want to see him catch up by the time Phantom Pain comes out.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I watch this series to see drews experience, I'm fine with however he wants to do it.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I watch this series to see drews experience, I'm fine with however he wants to do it.

this. but i still love saying La Li Lu Le Lo.

godkojimit

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely not. Let them find things as they will. Besides, we've got Dan and also Jason who can steer Drew to see anything worthwhile and if they miss anything then, well, they miss it... If I wanted to see a complete playthrough with all secrets and no alerts then I'd go to youtube.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Drew's progressing fine, even if I wished they would play a little longer than an hour per episode, but if they have to do other things during the day I guess they would need to keep the episodes short. If it was an endurance run, I would want them to go through it slowly, but for this series, I think it's a good pace. Maybe Dan could point out goofy things to do or show Drew where easter eggs are. Who are the Patriots?

Avatar image for fissionmailed10
    FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been enjoying the series, whenever Drew starts getting frustrated he should use the codec and check what he needs to do or where he should be going, not sure how he missed the door to strut B last episode, but that led to some funny stuff and he ended up getting some items a little earlier than he would've normally.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By ajamafalous

If they were doing them every day like a real Endurance Run: Yes

Since they seem to be doing them only twice a week: No.

mrpeabody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrpeabody
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By cornbredx

He's still not played much of the game yet so I think he's doing fine (even if he seems scared to experiment/explore/get comfortable when he plays games- it's kind of strange but probably because he only plays an hour at a time every several days).

I do wish he would have the character do pull ups to upgrade his grip, but I guess it's fine. Some of the later stuff is going to be harder if he doesn't, though. *shrug*

@fissionmailed10: Ya I usually go to strut F before B anyway because I always go for no kills and when I first played the game when it came out I had a strategy guide that said to go there before strut B at the beginning. What was mostly frustrating was that he kept going back there even though every single door was locked and he clearly wasn't able to progress that way haha

But whatevs. He was probably tired or something- he seemed out of it that episode.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

He's still not played much of the game yet so I think he's doing fine (even if he seems scared to experiment/explore/get comfortable when he plays games- it's kind of strange but probably because he only plays an hour at a time every several days).

I do wish he would have the character do pull ups to upgrade his grip, but I guess it's fine. Some of the later stuff is going to be harder if he doesn't, though. *shrug*

Is it? I've played through the game around 10 times over the years and I never did one pull up until there was a trophy for doing them.

Drew's doing fine. I think a lot of Metal Gear games really shine on 2nd or 3rd playthroughs when you can pay more attention to the convoluted plots and feel more freedom to explore.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By cornbredx

@hollitz: Ya.

For example the Vamp fight later is super easy with your grip upgraded because you can just hang on the bottom left rail until he comes up to you and swings and then jump back up as he swings and get three hits on him so he jumps back in the water and rinse and repeat. If you don't upgrade your grip you can't hang there long enough. Edit: I should add this is really great for no kill runs- I don't remember if it considers Vamp a kill if you use lethal force or not.

There are other stuff like that too, but it's not a big deal either way.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Drew can do as he wish as far as I'm concerned. I'm basically watching this series as a story primer for 5, so I kinda want them to go fast to get through as many games as possible before then!

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx said:

@hollitz: Ya.

For example the Vamp fight later is super easy with your grip upgraded because you can just hang on the bottom left rail until he comes up to you and swings and then jump back up as he swings and get three hits on him so he jumps back in the water and rinse and repeat. If you don't upgrade your grip you can't hang there long enough. Edit: I should add this is really great for no kill runs- I don't remember if it considers Vamp a kill if you use lethal force or not.

There are other stuff like that too, but it's not a big deal either way.

Really? I always just blew the shit out of 'em with stinger missiles.

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mason20

@cornbredx: Hrmm..To waste a half hour or however long that'd(never done it myself because I never needed it) take. Would it be worth it for exactly one fight? I never realized Vamp was a difficult fight.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I'm fine either way. My only complaint is that there's only, at most, two episodes per week. I wish they would do more, but obviously they got other shit to do so I can't get angry at 'em.

Also, it just dawned on me La Li Lu Le Lo and "Ali Bomaye" (a song by The Game) have the same amount of syllables and I'm half tempted to write a parody of it right now...

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

The only thing I would advise them to do was to use the codec more often, give Pliskin a few calls and he'll tell you the backstories of the Dead Cell members. You can easily miss stuff like that, I know I did. Later too with different characters.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

La Li Lu Le sLow down, Drew! There's tons more detail in MGS2 than in MGS1, and it really pays off to fool around for a while before making progress.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like a couple people have already said, I think Drew should play the game the way he wants. Dan's there to steer him towards anything super interesting he might be missing, but for the most part the series is supposed to be a look at how someone who has never played an MGS game reacts to it. Telling him to play it a certain way kind of taints that, I feel, and Drew even seems to get a little upset when Dan tells him more than what he thinks is appropriate.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

La Li Lu Le Lo is actually an unpronounceable set of words in Japanese. Soldiers under control of the Patriots have been programmed - using nanomachines - to say La Li Lu Le Lo when they attempt to say Patriots. So, overall it's a way to cover the identity of the Patriots, and it works somewhat in Japanese. In English it just sounds dumb.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.