Is it worth it to "install" the game on a memory stick?

#1 Posted by AuthenticM (3672 posts) -

Is it worth it if I have the game in its digital form? All of the data is already on the stick. Would an additional 800MB of data make a difference?

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:
" Is it worth it if I have the game in its digital form? All of the data is already on the stick. Would an additional 800MB of data make a difference? "
From what I heard there is certain content you only get if you install. Uhh in mission radio stuff if I recall correct 
#3 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Just install the 230 one. 

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" Just install the 230 one.  "
You think this game will see a PSN release? I would buy it in a second. 
#5 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @KaosAngel said:
You think this game will see a PSN release? I would buy it in a second.  "
It's already on PSN...it has to be.  How the hell would PSP Go users play the only god game for the PSP...let alone a Kojima Game.   It most def has to be on there.  O_o
#6 Posted by Supermarius (1196 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @KaosAngel said:
It's already on PSN...it has to be.  How the hell would PSP Go users play the only god game for the PSP...let alone a Kojima Game.   It most def has to be on there.  O_o "
I think maybe he means a psn release as a PSN game that can be played on the ps3. Like Wipeout HD.
#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Supermarius said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @KaosAngel said:
It's already on PSN...it has to be.  How the hell would PSP Go users play the only god game for the PSP...let alone a Kojima Game.   It most def has to be on there.  O_o "
I think maybe he means a psn release as a PSN game that can be played on the ps3. Like Wipeout HD. "
Yes. I got rid of my PSP. I would love it as a PSN game for PS3
#8 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: 

Doubt it.  Apparently the first title of the game was MGS5, and it's the "TRUE" MGS game and not that Rising one (as Kojima has stated over and over).  I wouldn't be surprised if it was originally thought out to be on the PS3 but then changed it to PSP for whatever reason.  Peace Walker is too fucking hard without the second stick...and the bosses just make it worse.  
#9 Posted by ttocs (753 posts) -

To answer the original question, it's definitely worth it to install the game.  I did the big install and I have little to no load times.  Plus, if you install to HD, you can hear voices during some cutscenes/com calls.  If you don't do it, you won't hear voices...only read text.

As for a PSN release for PS3, No, it won't happen.  It's a PSP and a big one at that.  This game is huge for a PSP game but way too big for a PS3 downloadable game.  The only way to play this is going to be on the PSP.

#10 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@ttocs said:
" To answer the original question, it's definitely worth it to install the game.  I did the big install and I have little to no load times.  Plus, if you install to HD, you can hear voices during some cutscenes/com calls.  If you don't do it, you won't hear voices...only read text.  As for a PSN release for PS3, No, it won't happen.  It's a PSP and a big one at that.  This game is huge for a PSP game but way too big for a PS3 downloadable game.  The only way to play this is going to be on the PSP. "
Way to big for a download? There are other large games on the PSN. 
#11 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@ttocs: It's only 1.5 Gigs...plus the 230MB install.  Most PSN games are well over 1gig and a lot even go past 2gigs.  Burnout Paradise and Wipeout HD were huge.
#12 Posted by FlintstoneFlop (23 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOO 

I thought the installs were optional, just got back from buying the game and I need to have 33mb or I cant play the game at all. And I only have the 32mb card I got with the psp.  WTF.

#13 Posted by MikkaQ (10225 posts) -

Yeah there's Warhawk and GT 5 Prologue on the PSN store, I think this is fine.  

But! As I found out, I only have the 230 MB install (since I bought it on PSN, I thought load speeds aren't a thing), but to use stuff like Vocaloid settings on your Metal Gear, you need the 800 MB one. 

#14 Posted by nnickers (27 posts) -

The improbability of Peace Walker appearing for PS3 has nothing to do with size. The PSP has been struggling in the U.S. for years now, and it finally has what is, at least relatively, a system seller. By releasing the game on PSN for PS3s, Sony would be cannibalizing the only success the PSP has.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.