Limited Edition MGS: Peace Walker PSP Bundles

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
Konami have announced there will be two Lim Ed bundles for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, both of which will available in Japan from March 18th. 

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Premium Package

Includes a copy of the game, a PSP-3000 system, a cloth, a pouch and a strap. The PSP unit has special camouflage coloring - ¥26,980 

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Konami Style Special Limited Edition

This bundle includes everything from the Premium Package but substitutes real leather for the strap and case. It also includes a PSP stand with a serial number, a dog tag with serial number and name, and a booklet. Only 1974 units will be produced, for sale exclusively through the Konami Style e-commerce site - ¥36,980 

#2 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Meh.

#3 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

The dog tags are sweet.

#4 Edited by luce (4045 posts) -

Japanese boxart is butt. 

I hope they change it for US release.

#5 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

Oh God It's so fugly!

#6 Posted by slayerofheroes (214 posts) -

i want it!

#7 Posted by Binman88 (3692 posts) -

That box art is less than great.

#8 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6401 posts) -

I'd pick up a special edition PSP if it came here to the States and I had the cash. 
#9 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Yeah not very interesting box-art right here. 

Kindof a cool bundle, but those sorts of things never ever come here.  

And shouldn't they be pushing the Go harder? Jesus... it came out of nowhere to disappear back in nowhereland.

#10 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3086 posts) -

I like the box art. I like the yellow. What exactly is it that you guys find repulsing about it?

#11 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

I really like the dog tags, and the rest of the extra's.  But the PSP itself is very ugly, not a fan of the camo design. 

But it's still kind of cool, I do wish they'd release more custom branded PSP like this outside of Japan.  My Dissidia one simply came with a couple of transfers you could stick to the thing that quickly rubbed off.  They were pretty cool little designs though, if they were actually branded onto the PSP and not transfers it would have looked very nice.

#12 Posted by Snail (8662 posts) -

Looks pretty darn sweet, I'd buy that if it were a PSP Go. The dog tags are nice, I like the texture on PSP, pretty much everything, Japan is lucky.

#13 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
 @ZanzibarBreeze said:

" I like the box art. I like the yellow. What exactly is it that you guys find repulsing about it? "

I like yellow box art also, some of the best games ever made have had yellow box art, including Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World and Super Mario Land.  

Not forgetting Persona 4: 

Odd stuff on the site: 
http://www.konami.jp/pw_game/
#14 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Konami have announced today the game will be delayed in Japan, it will now release on April 29th. It's unknown whether this will effect the release dates of the game in the US an Europe. (May 27th)

#15 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I don't hate that box art. But the camo PSP looks like arse.

#16 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

Having only attempted one MGS game and hating it, having it on a console I find difficult to like is not a good combination.  The camouflage console looks terrible to my eyes, but the boxart looks fine.

#17 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
"  @ZanzibarBreeze said:

" I like the box art. I like the yellow. What exactly is it that you guys find repulsing about it? "

I like yellow box art also, some of the best games ever have had yellow box art, including Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World and Super Mario Land. Not forgetting Persona 4: 

Odd stuff on the site: 
http://www.konami.jp/pw_game/ "
So, the PAL Persona 4 came in a Jewel box? Man thats cheap!
#18 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
@DragoonKain1687 said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

"  @ZanzibarBreeze said:

I like yellow box art also, some of the best games ever have had yellow box art, including Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World and Super Mario Land. Not forgetting Persona 4: 

Odd stuff on the site: 
http://www.konami.jp/pw_game/ "
So, the PAL Persona 4 came in a Jewel box? Man thats cheap! "

No, just the my review copy, and I happen to much prefer it than the actual retail box.
#19 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -

Not intot he camo PSP, but everything else seems pretty nice. 
Then again, any psp other than the original black, or the white, looks wrong to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.