Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Apr 29, 2010

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the latest portable entry in the Metal Gear franchise, and the second canonical Metal Gear title produced for the PSP. Set in Costa Rica, Peace Walker puts you in control of Big Boss once again as he prepares the rise of Outer Heaven.

Metal Gear Solid 5: Peace Walker

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Kojima Productions PR manager, Jiro Oishi, has recently posted on Kojima Productions official blog, known natively as "Koji-blog". According to Oishi-san latest post, at the very start of development, one of the concepts Kojima Productions had for the new game was to make it Metal Gear Solid 5.   

There may be some MGS fans who remember a "5" appearing in the background of the pre-E3 2009 countdown, well this is exactly where it's use comes from.  

Oishi-san says that although the game no longer has a number attached, he believes the quality of the game's content has become the highest level of the series numbered titles so far. High praise indeed, from the PR man... 

Thanks to Koji Blog
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I wonder what the reaction would have been if they kept the "5" tacked onto the tittle of the game.

I'm looking forward to this game.  Looks like a great PSP game.

slayerofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By slayerofheroes

can't wait!

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By CounterShock

I can't wait for this game but i'm disappointed in the amount of work that's going into it and it's a PSP game. He said it's the same team from MGS4 and it has an equivalent budget. Why not make another HD console game that's a similiar style to MGS3?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @JJOR64 said:
    " I wonder what the reaction would have been if they kept the "5" tacked onto the tittle of the game.  I'm looking forward to this game.  Looks like a great PSP game. "
    Same, people would have raged.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CounterShock: Yeah, that seems a little weird that they would put a presumably big piece of the franchise on the PSP.  While we're on the topic of Metal Gear, I sincerely hope MGS: Rising turns out to be awesome.
    ArmedBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By ArmedBear
    @xobballox said:
    "While we're on the topic of Metal Gear, I sincerely hope Raiden turns out to be awesome. "
    Fixed.  And good luck with that.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xyzygy

Bah, we need more Rising news, not this PSP game!

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CounterShock
    Yeah I hope Rising turns out good too. They should really show a video of that game. Right now that feels like a 2011 game.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By ImperiousRix

That's weird as hell.  It would have been strange to see a main-series game on a handheld rather than on consoles. 
    On another note, this game looks to be shaping up as a must-have.  I definitely liked Portable Ops despite its flaws.  Hopefully this game will have perfected the gameplay portion of the equation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.