Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - May Get Released On PSN

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#2 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

#3 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4894 posts) -

Nice. This seems like a bad idea for Sony because this won't be a system seller like it should be... but awesome for people like me. 

#4 Posted by Horry43 (101 posts) -

Holy hell. Please Kojima!

#5 Posted by Pazy (2563 posts) -

I would totally love to be able to play PSP games on my PS3, although if they released it as a downloadable only title on PSN and charged the same price as a retail copy of the PSP version then Im not sure a lot of people would get it since it would be "overpriced" (though its debatable since its a full game).

#6 Posted by TaccyP (307 posts) -

ZOMG PLEEEEAAASSEE

I love metal gear, but I'm not buying a PSP for it.

#7 Posted by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -

It would be interesting to see how they price it.

#8 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

This would be cool, but I'm not sure if we'd end up waiting too long for the PS3 version's release. :-/

#9 Posted by dankempster (2252 posts) -

I'm always surprised by the number of Metal Gear fans that don't own a PSP. Given that since its launch the PSP has seen Metal Gear Ac!ds 1 and 2, MGS: Portable Ops and the MGS Digital Graphic Novel, I'd have thought most fans of the series would already be in possession of one. 

Also, this looks great. I loved Portable Ops and this looks like more of the same, which is fine by me. I'll be looking to pick up a copy shortly after release.

#10 Posted by Kratch (367 posts) -
@TaccyP said:
"I love metal gear, but I'm not buying a PSP for it. "
Word.  I would love to play Peace Walker, but there is no way that I'm buying a PSP to play it.
#11 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

I've played some of the Japanese version and I have to say that this game would be awesome on the PS3. I will buy both anyway, seeing as I'm a huge Metal Gear fan-boy

#12 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@Linkyshinks:  what 

the  

fuck 

DINOSAURS!?@$>%?#^
#13 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

if they did it with this and portable ops i would shit brix

#14 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

My problem with Peace Walker is the controls.  Camera controls with the d-pad or face buttons isn't exactly a great idea.

#15 Posted by Yummylee (21477 posts) -

I totally would love to play Peace Walker because of how relevant it is to the overall storyarc. I'd of totally bought it if it got itself a simultaneous ps2 release. 
PSN though, even better! =P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.