Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Apr 29, 2010

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the latest portable entry in the Metal Gear franchise, and the second canonical Metal Gear title produced for the PSP. Set in Costa Rica, Peace Walker puts you in control of Big Boss once again as he prepares the rise of Outer Heaven.

MGS: Peace Walker: Day 14 The Peace has been Walked

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

Edited By Chris2KLee

So I've wrapped up the main story in Peace Walker, and I overall have to say I enjoyed the ride. It's classic Kojima with movie references abound, and a mix of profound moments of genius and stupidity. Gameplay wise, I thought the last two boss battles dragged a little, and if Japan wants these Monster Hunter type games to work in west, they really need to do a better job of tuning these things for Solo play. That said, I immediately dug up my copy of MH: Freedom Unite after this and picked up where I left off months ago. I have yet to try Co-op in the game, but with Ad-hoc party reinstalled, it might try and see. I'm probably gonna write a review for this to get a more concise analysis of how I feel about the game, but overall I think if you're an MGS fan, you owe to yourself to play this game. Borrow a PSP from someone if you have to, but give it a try. It offers a valuable piece of Metal Gear history, and makes the end of MGS4 all the more poignant. I really hope with upcoming HD Classic line for PS3, this game gets put on the disc somehow, as it really completes the MGS saga, and it would allow a wider audience to play it. And another analog stick would be nice to. 

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Chris2KLee

So I've wrapped up the main story in Peace Walker, and I overall have to say I enjoyed the ride. It's classic Kojima with movie references abound, and a mix of profound moments of genius and stupidity. Gameplay wise, I thought the last two boss battles dragged a little, and if Japan wants these Monster Hunter type games to work in west, they really need to do a better job of tuning these things for Solo play. That said, I immediately dug up my copy of MH: Freedom Unite after this and picked up where I left off months ago. I have yet to try Co-op in the game, but with Ad-hoc party reinstalled, it might try and see. I'm probably gonna write a review for this to get a more concise analysis of how I feel about the game, but overall I think if you're an MGS fan, you owe to yourself to play this game. Borrow a PSP from someone if you have to, but give it a try. It offers a valuable piece of Metal Gear history, and makes the end of MGS4 all the more poignant. I really hope with upcoming HD Classic line for PS3, this game gets put on the disc somehow, as it really completes the MGS saga, and it would allow a wider audience to play it. And another analog stick would be nice to. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

...you wanna help me out with the Peace Walker battle?  I quit playing and just played Chrono Cross on the PSP because I'm fucking bored shitless of dying.  x.x

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chris2KLee
    @KaosAngel said:

" ...you wanna help me out with the Peace Walker battle?  I quit playing and just played Chrono Cross on the PSP because I'm fucking bored shitless of dying.  x.x "

I might have PM'd you awhile back with my PSN ID. The Peace Walker fight can be aggravating, and definitely goes on a few minutes too long. If you see me on PSN, hit me up and  I'll see if I can give you a hand. If you do want to solo it, then here is what I brought with me:

Battle suit
    Machine Gun (Any will do)
    FIM-43 missile launcher
    RPG-7 rocket launcher
    Supply Marker
    Strike Marker
    Chaff Grenades
    As many healing items as you can carry

Basic technique, Open up with the RPG-7 while it's not moving at the start. Then use the FIM-43 lock on launcher as it moves around, always try and lock onto the pods, but if you can't just lock on and fire away. Use chaff grenades when you can, and quickly switch to strike marker and drop some damage on it. When it starts using its EMP shield thing, switch to the machine gun and just blast away until it stops. Use a supply marker when ever you start getting low on ammo, avoid waiting until you are empty. The most annoying attack I found was the charge move it does, running at you, When it starts to get ready to charge, move into the space between the buildings on the side. Rinse and repeat. It's a longish fight that requires patience, but it can be soloed, and once you know the attacks, it's just a matter of waiting it out. Just a bit too long, otherwise an interesting fight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.