MGS: Peace Walker Screens & Interview

#1 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Interview here. Some good stuff are included, but really, you just wanna see these babies:

Am I right?

Here's a good quote...

The game will be stealth-action based. I can't reveal too many details yet, but we are implementing features that can only be realized on the PSP platform that I believe everyone can look forward to. The game will be a little different from the METAL GEAR that players have come to know. However, the story can be replayed numerous times and the game is full of challenges to complete, so I feel that this title will really satisfy players with its long-lasting play time. Just as an example, do you recall the cardboard box at the end of the Peace Walker trailer? In addition to that two-man box, we are preparing a variety of other different cardboard boxes this time around.

To give a little more insight into the game, you can, how shall I say... customize Snake according to your preferences and determine what kind of soldier you will use prior to embarking on your mission. For example there's heavy gear configurations that make a lot of noise, but that allow you to equip numerous weapons. Or, there are other configurations that won't allow you to carry many weapons, but will allow you to be light on your feet. We will be preparing a variety of other types as well. Being able to make decisions and plot a strategy will be one of the really enjoyable features of this title.

We are also working on a "growth feature" as well, where your character evolves. It will be a new type of system, so I hope everyone will look forward to it!

Holy shit?  I love they have replayability in mind, I really liked that in Portable Ops. This should be far better. I'm sad for the controls though.

#2 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

How can they have features that can only be realised on a PSP?
All I can think of is a local 4 player co-op which a console could do aswell via split screen.

#3 Posted by tekmojo (2299 posts) -

Looks to be a nice little gem for PSP owners.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.