Peace Walker for PS3 confirmed

#1 Posted by AuthenticM (3672 posts) -
#2 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

AW shit. this is so smart of Sony.

#3 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Guess I'll just throw my PSP away now...

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (12977 posts) -

What was wrong with the PSP version? I thought it looked great on that small screen- if it's not going to look as good as MGS4, what's the point?

#5 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I never really got into Peace Walker because it isn't especially portable friendly.

This will probably be pretty great though.

#6 Posted by coakroach (2478 posts) -

This is awesome. You are awesome. Awesome.

#7 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

What about Portable Ops? 

You need PO to have the full story of PW.

#8 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (659 posts) -

Sweet...I never had the chance to play any of the Metal Gear Solid games that appeared on the PSP over the years (since I do not own one), and hearing that Peace Walker will be for the PS3 is great news, since my friends at college were going nuts about it.

Could always use more Metal Gear to hold me over until either Metal Gear Solid: Rising or the next Hideo Kojima game comes out.

#9 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I finally understand what this PS Remastered deal is all about. Kudos to Sony for this.

#10 Posted by Tsoglani (571 posts) -

Excellent, will be a great addition to the collection.

#11 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -

So does this mean that you have to rebuy those games all over again if you own the PSP versions? 

#12 Posted by phish09 (1109 posts) -
@Enigma777: You honestly think that Sony would make it so that your PSP version doesn't work anymore because they are releasing a version for the PS3?
#13 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

We will see.

But it won't have trophies which is totally dumb.

#14 Posted by AuthenticM (3672 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
So does this mean that you have to rebuy those games all over again if you own the PSP versions? 
Yup. And I will fucking do it. :) 

@TooWalrus said:
What was wrong with the PSP version? I thought it looked great on that small screen- if it's not going to look as good as MGS4, what's the point?
The controls. Holy shit. Did you not notice how unfriendly they were? Not only that, but my thumb ached five minutes into the game.
#15 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -

FUCK. YES.

#16 Posted by onarum (1946 posts) -

I'm more interested in the monster hunter  games, but I'll totally get this as well.

Yeah so having  a psp is officially pointless now, good thing I've never gotten one.

#17 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -
@phish09 said:
@Enigma777: You honestly think that Sony would make it so that your PSP version doesn't work anymore because they are releasing a version for the PS3?
That's not what I meant. Will I have to buy the game again if I want to play it on a PS3?  

The answer is probably yes, but still... I already did it once for my Go, I'm not doing it a second time dammit! 
#18 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Maybe I'll finally be able to play through it. It was really interesting on the PSP, but I couldn't get past the stripped down controls. Portable Ops played better. 

CQC was working perfectly fine in MGS4, making it slow and noisy didn't add anything. Portable Ops worked well because you didn't have to aim, you had to quietly CQC dudes or sneak past them in disguise. But since the shooting may actually work this time because of the analog stick, it might be playable. Not good, but playable.

And maybe I'll be able to PAUSE THE DAMN GAME WHEN IN SINGLE PLAYER. 
And crawl.

#19 Posted by Vextroid (1316 posts) -

I think Kojima had the intention to do this long before the re-masters thing was announced. 

Oh well gonna pick this up but still keep my PSP version for collections sake.

#20 Posted by TooWalrus (12977 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:
@Enigma777 said:
Yup. And I will fucking do it. :) 

@TooWalrus said:
The controls. Holy shit. Did you not notice how unfriendly they were? Not only that, but my thumb ached five minutes into the game.
Nah, i didn't play, only watched.
#21 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

I guess i'm buying it again then. 
#22 Posted by SSully (4060 posts) -

I think this whole remaster thing is pretty stupid on sony's part. What is the point of making games for the PSP when they will just come out for the PS3? I get why they are doing and I am sure there is some kind of market for it, but it seems like they are competing against themselves. 

#23 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

I don't own a PSP, if true this is great news! I always wanted to play Peace Walker. 

#24 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

Yes! Peace Walker will probably have better controls here, and perhaps SIXAXIS-enabled.

#25 Posted by lavaman77 (564 posts) -

HELL YES!! this is going to be fucking awesome!

#26 Posted by LiquidPrince (15609 posts) -

Cool, Metal Gear is always a good thing.

#27 Posted by AuthenticM (3672 posts) -

Here's some gameplay of the game running on PS3. Watch it in 720p.

I am still befuddled as to why they did not change the HUD to be horizontal. Would it have really been too much work?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.