So Peace Walker wasn't nominated for best story?

  • 54 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by AuthenticM (3698 posts) -

Man, not only was there not a Best PSP game category, but Peace Walker wasn't even nominated for Best Story. I mean, what? Seriously? As I was listening to the 'cast I was thinking how it was even possible for them, let alone Brad, to forget this giant elephant in the room. They could have at least addressed why they weren't touching the PSP.

#2 Posted by Jadeskye (4366 posts) -

guess what, other shit you like didn't win. 
 
get over it.

#3 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Man, they didn't even nominate GOW3 for best graphics but nominated Alan Wake...

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@jadeskye said:
" guess what, other shit you like didn't win.  get over it. "
Damn straight.
 
I love these silly topics after GOTY awards.
#5 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

Did you seriously expect it? Brad was the only one who played it, and I'm not sure if he even finished it.

#6 Posted by AuthenticM (3698 posts) -
@jadeskye: Read before posting. 
 
I am complaining on the fact that they didn't mention the game. It is not an obscure game nobody noticed. It is Metal Gear Solid.
#7 Posted by Jadeskye (4366 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:
" @jadeskye: Read before posting. 
 
I am complaining on the fact that they didn't mention the game. It is not an obscure game nobody noticed. It is Metal Gear Solid. "
they never mentioned final fantasy 13 for most disappointing game either. don't see me crying about it. i retain my previous statement. 
 
get over it.
#8 Posted by Interfect (978 posts) -

Meh, PSP games aren't worth their time.

#9 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" Man, they didn't even nominate GOW3 for best graphics but nominated Alan Wake... "
That's because the category wasn't "Best Graphics", it was "Best Looking Game". I'd put Alan Wake over GOW3 in this case too.
#10 Posted by AuthenticM (3698 posts) -
@BulletproofMonk said:
" Did you seriously expect it? Brad was the only one who played it, and I'm not sure if he even finished it. "
Brad was the only one who played Shattered Memories last year and he got it to win Best Wii game.
#11 Posted by Hailinel (23857 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:
" @jadeskye: Read before posting. 
 
I am complaining on the fact that they didn't mention the game. It is not an obscure game nobody noticed. It is Metal Gear Solid. "
And I'm betting that none of them played it any more than what they showed in the Quick Look.
#12 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Hih, didn't realize their was not a best psp game

#13 Posted by Vinny_Says (5685 posts) -

maybe brad didn't care for the story? That never crossed your mind?

#14 Posted by Milkman (16515 posts) -

No one played it.

#15 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:
" @BulletproofMonk said:
" Did you seriously expect it? Brad was the only one who played it, and I'm not sure if he even finished it. "
Brad was the only one who played Shattered Memories last year and he got it to win Best Wii game. "
Well at least he finished it, and wrote a review for it. I don't know if he played Peace Walker more than a few hours. 
#16 Posted by AlexW00d (6182 posts) -

Who the fuck really gives a damn? 

#17 Posted by AuthenticM (3698 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm: I doubt that. And even if he didn't, he would have said something on the subject.
#18 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2907 posts) -

I'm sure none of them played it beyond what's in the Quick Look. I haven't played this particular entry either, but if it sticks with the conventions of the series it sounds like a shoo-in for Most Story, if not Best Story.

#19 Posted by Daveyo520 (6651 posts) -

I wouldn't really say any MGS game has a "good" story, unless good means crazy and convoluted. Sill good games though.

#20 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

Well look at it this way, now you're more mega hardcore because you like that one game with the narrative that everybody else forgot about.

#21 Posted by EpicSteve (6471 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" No one played it. "
#22 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
uh....
 
are we talking about the same game where "ITS NOT USING ITS BRAIN, ITS USING ITS HEART" was an actual line of dialogue?
 
@BulletproofMonk said:
" Did you seriously expect it? Brad was the only one who played it, and I'm not sure if he even finished it. "
Brad played it, for like, 15 minutes after the quick look.
#23 Edited by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:

" @Enigma777 said:

" Man, they didn't even nominate GOW3 for best graphics but nominated Alan Wake... "
That's because the category wasn't "Best Graphics", it was "Best Looking Game". I'd put Alan Wake over GOW3 in this case too. "
Seeing as how both games use a realistic style, I find this to be a lame excuse. The only thing Alan Wake has going for it is the lighting (which is indeed impressive), but the character models and animations were terrible and rather old (like as if they were made 5 years ago). Not saying GOW3 should have won (got a soft spot for Kirby myself), but to not even mentioning what is arguably the best looking game on the PS3 in a category that emphasizes looks is downright crazy!
#24 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@AuthenticM: Brad played that game, but I don't think he really cared much about it. Also, why would he mention it for best story if he never really completed it? You can't possibly judge story based on just a couple of hours of play.
#25 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Enigma777 said:
" Man, they didn't even nominate GOW3 for best graphics but nominated Alan Wake... "
That's because the category wasn't "Best Graphics", it was "Best Looking Game". I'd put Alan Wake over GOW3 in this case too. "
Seeing as how both games use a realistic style, I find this t be a lame excuse. The only thing Alan Wake has going for it is the lighting (which is indeed impressive), but the character models and animations were terrible and rather old (like as if they were made 5 years ago). Not saying GOW3 should have won (got a soft spot for Kirby myself), but to not even mentioning what is arguably the best looking game on the PS3 in a category that emphasizes looks is downright crazy! "
Maybe that just says something about the PS3... 
 
Juuuust joking. You're right, it probably should have been mentioned.
#26 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

Fuck MGS. Its the same plot the last 10 years.

#27 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

The fact it is what on the PSP didn't help it's exposure, sad but true. Considering how small the crew is, it's a wonder they get through as many games as they do anyway, understandable if they can't cover everything.
  
Suprisingly the story it tells is relatively straightforward, it is still compelling in the typical MGS way though.

#28 Posted by Jeust (10473 posts) -

The PSP is soooooo 2009. 

#29 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Peace Walker is the "giant elephant in the room".  
 
LOL You crazy, son.

#30 Posted by l4wd0g (1907 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" The PSP is soooooo 2009.  "
The PSP is so 2005 :)
#31 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:

" Man, they didn't even nominate GOW3 for best graphics but nominated Alan Wake... "

yea its pretty retarded  
 
peace walker deserved a mention too
#32 Posted by TooWalrus (13135 posts) -

Bayonetta didn't win Game of the Year. FUCK this site.

#33 Posted by stubbleman (306 posts) -

 All that pedo bait bullshit probably turned them off of it. I think it's only appropriate it wasn't mentioned.

#34 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

I can't believe Limbo didn't win GOTY, Best Story, and Character I'd Most Like to Party With.  Fuckin' shit, man.  Fucking shit this site is, man.  I'm gonna go choke a fucking bitch over this shit.

#35 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

erg guh ffff

#36 Posted by GravityProof (282 posts) -

god i hate the internet.

#37 Posted by Jeust (10473 posts) -
@l4wd0g said:
" @Jeust said:
" The PSP is soooooo 2009.  "
The PSP is so 2005 :) "
Yeah ^^
#38 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11467 posts) -

Much like the PSP itself, I'm pretty sure Giant Bomb forgot this game existed.

Online
#39 Edited by Khann (2780 posts) -

It's because the story really isn't one of the best.

#40 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Rarr I'm so mad I have to make a topic on Giant Bomb. YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS FOR NOT THINKING LIKE ME

#41 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:

" @Enigma777 said:

" Man, they didn't even nominate GOW3 for best graphics but nominated Alan Wake... "
That's because the category wasn't "Best Graphics", it was "Best Looking Game". I'd put Alan Wake over GOW3 in this case too. "
Seeing as how both games use a realistic style, I find this to be a lame excuse. The only thing Alan Wake has going for it is the lighting (which is indeed impressive), but the character models and animations were terrible and rather old (like as if they were made 5 years ago). Not saying GOW3 should have won (got a soft spot for Kirby myself), but to not even mentioning what is arguably the best looking game on the PS3 in a category that emphasizes looks is downright crazy! "
"realistic" isn't a style. GoW is technically impressive but bland from an artistic pov. The sequences in Alan Wake in the Forest are some of the best looking moments I've ever seen in the game even if they might not be as clean looking as GoW.
#42 Posted by ComradeKritstov (693 posts) -
@Daveyo520 said:
" I wouldn't really say any MGS game has a "good" story, unless good means crazy and convoluted. Sill good games though. "
I'm a big MGS fan and even I have to agree with this.
#43 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@ComradeKritstov said:
" @Daveyo520 said:
" I wouldn't really say any MGS game has a "good" story, unless good means crazy and convoluted. Sill good games though. "
I'm a big MGS fan and even I have to agree with this. "
A lot of people who don't know much about good stories measure the quality by its number of plotpoints. Forget that every facet of Vamp's story arc is nonesese, everything has been accounted for. Which makes it amazing. Amazing stories is when you write bullshit, then explain the bullshit with bullshit, then explain that bullshit. By the third layer people stop asking why. So you've got this lovely bullshit onion left over, and you call it Peacewalker.
#44 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -
@sixghost said:
" @Enigma777 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:

" @Enigma777 said:

" Man, they didn't even nominate GOW3 for best graphics but nominated Alan Wake... "
That's because the category wasn't "Best Graphics", it was "Best Looking Game". I'd put Alan Wake over GOW3 in this case too. "
Seeing as how both games use a realistic style, I find this to be a lame excuse. The only thing Alan Wake has going for it is the lighting (which is indeed impressive), but the character models and animations were terrible and rather old (like as if they were made 5 years ago). Not saying GOW3 should have won (got a soft spot for Kirby myself), but to not even mentioning what is arguably the best looking game on the PS3 in a category that emphasizes looks is downright crazy! "
"realistic" isn't a style. GoW is technically impressive but bland from an artistic pov. The sequences in Alan Wake in the Forest are some of the best looking moments I've ever seen in the game even if they might not be as clean looking as GoW. "
I can throw that right back at you and say that GOW is anything but bland from an artistic pov. The depiction of greek mythology second to none and the creature design is unrivaled. Hell, the entire game is the best looking game I've ever seen and it's not as muddy looking as AW.
#45 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" @ComradeKritstov said:
" @Daveyo520 said:
" I wouldn't really say any MGS game has a "good" story, unless good means crazy and convoluted. Sill good games though. "
I'm a big MGS fan and even I have to agree with this. "
A lot of people who don't know much about good stories measure the quality by its number of plotpoints. Forget that every facet of Vamp's story arc is nonesese, everything has been accounted for. Which makes it amazing. Amazing stories is when you write bullshit, then explain the bullshit with bullshit, then explain that bullshit. By the third layer people stop asking why. So you've got this lovely bullshit onion left over, and you call it Peacewalker. "  
As far as MGS stories go, Peace Walker is a lot let stupid and full of useless twists than like, say, MGS4. Not saying it should be nominated for best story, just that it's a lot more straightforward (and therefore better) than the typical MGS storyline.
#46 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

Hahaha MGS anything as best story. Man you guys crack me up sometimes.

#47 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" @sixghost said:
" @Enigma777 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:

" @Enigma777 said:

" Man, they didn't even nominate GOW3 for best graphics but nominated Alan Wake... "
That's because the category wasn't "Best Graphics", it was "Best Looking Game". I'd put Alan Wake over GOW3 in this case too. "
Seeing as how both games use a realistic style, I find this to be a lame excuse. The only thing Alan Wake has going for it is the lighting (which is indeed impressive), but the character models and animations were terrible and rather old (like as if they were made 5 years ago). Not saying GOW3 should have won (got a soft spot for Kirby myself), but to not even mentioning what is arguably the best looking game on the PS3 in a category that emphasizes looks is downright crazy! "
"realistic" isn't a style. GoW is technically impressive but bland from an artistic pov. The sequences in Alan Wake in the Forest are some of the best looking moments I've ever seen in the game even if they might not be as clean looking as GoW. "
I can throw that right back at you and say that GOW is anything but bland from an artistic pov. The depiction of greek mythology second to none and the creature design is unrivaled. Hell, the entire game is the best looking game I've ever seen and it's not as muddy looking as AW. "
Not saying GB's awards are the definitive authority on this issue, but I think if GoWs art design was even the slightest bit interesting it would have absolutely crushed everything in the best looking category.
#48 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -
@sixghost: And since it is more than a little interesting, you now see the point I raised about it's lack of mention...
#49 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" @sixghost: And since it is more than a little interesting, you now see the point I raised about it's lack of mention... "
You think they just forgot? It wasn't mentioned for a reason. It's just the latest leader in the polygon count arms race, all tech, no style.
#50 Posted by heatDrive88 (2267 posts) -

YO DAWG REMEMBER PSP THAT SHIT WAS DOPE RITE GUYZ

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.