Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Apr 29, 2010

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the latest portable entry in the Metal Gear franchise, and the second canonical Metal Gear title produced for the PSP. Set in Costa Rica, Peace Walker puts you in control of Big Boss once again as he prepares the rise of Outer Heaven.

Third Control Type Added To Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

Kojima Productions is currently making changes to Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker's controls. The changes are being made at a "rapid pace," according to a recent post on Kojima Productions Official Website, known as Kojiblog in Japan.

Kojima Productions has used, "impressions from the press, opinions from management, direct opinions from users, surveys from users in the demo area, opinions from the web, opinions from message boards."  

The TGS demo offered players selectable "Shooting Type" and "Action Type" controls. These existing control types will see some fixes. Additionally, the team is considering offering a third control scheme:

"PW will be 'The Action Game on the PSP,' so we'd like to be particular about the control method and the feel of control until the end," - Kojima 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

Huh, don't know that I've ever noticed a non-wii/ds game that had so many different schemes. 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Shooting type sounded decent, I still wish they'd do a Metal Gear with the camera of the first Solid game again, since it's what would suit it best, and would have made Portable Ops infinitely superior.

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Famov

I have only tried one control type for Peacewalker (whatever the default one is) and it was completely awful. Talk about unintuitive, you practically have to stop everything you're doing just to switch weapons (a problem Portable Ops didn't have, though that game had many control problems of its own).

I suppose improved camera control is nice...but the PSP is not made to handle what Kojima Productions wants it to do. I will likely pass on this one.
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By jonnyboy

Jesus Christ! The entire world has been screaming "Dual Analog!" at Sony for years now. I've always said the psp would be the best place for an FPS on the go. But I keep forgetting Japan is probably the most stubborn Country on the planet.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By bonbolapti

wow... that's pointless

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.