Would I like Peace Walker?

#1 Posted by LackLuster (713 posts) -

I've heard many people say that MGS Peace Walker is the best PSP game and I do like the console metal gear games, but i did not like portable ops at all so is this game for me?

#2 Posted by ga1357 (4 posts) -

yeah !! 
this game plays tottaly different to the portable ops,and its huge

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@LackLuster said:
" I've heard many people say that MGS Peace Walker is the best PSP game and I do like the console metal gear games, but i did not like portable ops at all so is this game for me? "
That depends, what didn't you like abut Portable Ops?
#4 Posted by LackLuster (713 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish:  From what I remember the mission structure and the recruiting thing just didn't keep me engaged at all.
#5 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Play Ac!d instead. 

#6 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Its one of the best metal gears in my opinion, I would say for anyone to try it. 
#7 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@LackLuster: Well this one still has recruiting, but it is done a lot better as is the mission structure. 

If those were your only problems with it, then you'll probably really like Peace Walker. 

Also Steve Blum is in it, so I mean, yeah. Come on.
#8 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

It's amazingly well done, it really does show that Kojima regards it as a true sequel in the main series, all the usual polish is there. 

It would be even better if you can get someone to do co-op with, I don't agree with most reviews that say the game is unplayable for certain sections alone but it can get pretty hairy. I'd say the difficulty curve spikes for the first few boss/vehicle encounters, once you get used to the game mechanics and how your improve your equipment you should be set. 

If you are a fan of the series you should definitely get this.

#9 Posted by Soap_of_Death (94 posts) -

It's significantly better than Portable Ops. If you really like MGS and in particular the backstory of Big Boss, you should get it eventually rather than missing out on it completely because of your bad experience with PO.

#10 Posted by BasketSnake (1161 posts) -

Recruiting is not a problem at all in this game. There's heavy grinding and hours of replay value IF you choose to do it. You can easily complete the story alone in 20 hours and it's just as good as any of the other MG games.

#11 Posted by DHorea (4 posts) -

Just finished the second tank battle, which seemed a bit on the hard side. My question to you is: are things gonna get a lot nastyer from here on? in terms of boss battles .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.