cylemoore's Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PlayStation Portable) review

Another great game in the MGS series.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is a direct sequel to Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.  You play as Big Boss, aka Naked Snake and if you enjoyed MGS3 you will enjoy playing this game.  What's really nice about this game being a portable game is that the levels are short and sweet which is perfect for me since I don't have as much time to game anymore since I am a father.  Continuing Naked Snake's storyline is great and you start to see where he goes from being the hero to the enemy we see in Metal Gear 1 and 2.  I know most people complain about the PSP only having one analog stick but I did not have to much of a problem with the controls at all in this game.  Having to recruit soldiers is a nice way to change up the gameplay from the previous games in the MGS series, but my only complaint about that is having to drag them all the way back to your truck.  I know MGS: Peace Walker fixes this so I can't wait to get my hands on that game.  I think this game is a must play for all Metal Gear Solid fans and it is a perfect addition to a rather slim library on the PSP.