sgthalka's Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PlayStation Portable) review

Looks great, plays bad.

Judging by the 15-hour campaign length, I've made it through roughly half of MGS: Portable Ops, and I just can't bring myself to play any further. After suffering through 8 hours of fighting the camera, enduring horrific gunplay, putting up with tedious stealth exploration and plowing throguh unsatisfying hand-to-hand combat, it's time to pull the plug on this game.

The most important feature for series fans will be the story. It's unfortunate the gameplay is so clunky and awkward, it's real tough-going even if you love the franchise to get through it to experience all the awesome story revelations. I hate to admit this, but I actually quit halfway through and just looked up cutscenes online to watch instead. Yes, I know. I feel I have failed in some way.

But oh well. What are ya gonna do.