Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection 1987-2012

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

A Metal Gear compilation consisting of the previous "Metal Gear Solid HD Collection" and much more.

Do you think it'll come to the UK/EU?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I've been looking for an excuse to play the Metal Gear Solid series for a while now. I've only played the 4th game (which was pretty dumb considering a lot of the appeal for that game is the closure) so I was pretty excited when I saw there was a bundle including all the of them. Then I found out there wasn't a UK/EU version.

So maybe someone who has a better idea of how Konami handles it's Europe localization could tell me if there's any chance of it coming here? Otherwise, I'll just import it.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ThunderSlash

If you do import it, the first game might be a PSN code. I'm not sure if that will be compatible with your region.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If you do import it, the first game might be a PSN code. I'm not sure if that will be compatible with your region.

Yeah. I could make a US PSN account to use the codes, but I'd be happier if a UK version was released. I wonder what's the reasoning for not just doing a EU version from the start. I would have thought that Metal Gear Solid sold decently here.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

You can probably find the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection pretty easily and most likely cheap by now. They didn't necessarily put a whole lot of work into them, but I doubt they will with this new release either. Just get that and buy the first game from the store, or look on eBay for a copy.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#5  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

I think if they were going to they'd have announced it already. Part of the problem might be the VR Missions, or Special Missions as it was known in Europe. The European version required you to swap in one of the discs for Metal Gear Solid 1 before you could play it for whatever reason, instead of being standalone like the American version. The European version is unplayable on any PS3 as a result, and they probably can't fix that problem for a digital version.

Edit: They'd also have to translate the digital graphic novels into a bunch of languages too.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's a shame the UK isn't big enough to warrant its own releases, there's so many languages in europe...

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I would love to get it but importing it from Amazon.com woul cost £50+ rather expensive.

hmmisee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love for it to come to Australia too. I could manage to import it and play it fine, but I'd rather not make a different account for the reason of trophys.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@hmmisee said:

I'd love for it to come to Australia too. I could manage to import it and play it fine, but I'd rather not make a different account for the reason of trophys.

You can still play the game on your AUS account and get the trophies from the games. I have the Asian MGS HD collection and play it fine on my AUS account and have earned trophies.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#10  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

The only thing you'd need to make an American account for are the downloadable PS1 Classics versions of Metal Gear Solid and VR Missions, which won't have trophies anyways. And then once those are downloaded you can play them with your main Australian account anyways.

hmmisee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vextroid: Except for the part where to plat the HD version of Peace Walker you need 2 multiplayer trophys

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@hmmisee said:

@vextroid: Except for the part where to plat the HD version of Peace Walker you need 2 multiplayer trophys

And? Is the multi-player region locked or something?

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

It'd be a lot cheaper to get a hold of the games separately, grab MGS1 off the PSN for around £8, the HD collection for PW, 2 and 3, then 4 can be found pretty cheaply as well (£12 new on Amazon). VR missions doesn't really add anything and the only other thing you're getting is a poster and the graphic novels

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.