Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection 1987-2012

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

A Metal Gear compilation consisting of the previous "Metal Gear Solid HD Collection" and much more.

EU Release Announced for September

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BleedingStarX
    No Caption Provided

The Definitive METAL GEAR SOLID set

KONAMI details METAL GEAR SOLID: THE LEGACY COLLECTION - the ultimate MGS compilation

Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. has announced it is to release the definitive METAL GEAR SOLID collection across Europe, in the form of the desirable

METAL GEAR SOLID: THE LEGACY COLLECTION

compilation.

Acting as the ultimate collection of METAL GEAR SOLID titles, the compilation is available exclusively for PlayStation®3. It spans every METAL GEAR SOLID created by Hideo Kojima to date, and also includes rare items which have not been available for several years.

includes METAL GEAR SOLID, METAL GEAR SOLID 2: HD Edition, METAL GEAR SOLID 3: HD Edition (featuring the original MSX versions of METAL GEAR and METAL GEAR 2), METAL GEAR SOLID: Peace Walker HD Edition, METAL GEAR SOLID: SPECIAL MISSIONS and METAL GEAR SOLID 4: Trophy Edition. The collection also includes both METAL GEAR SOLID DIGITAL GRAPHIC NOVELS which are illustrated by acclaimed artist, Ashley Wood, and the second of which was never released in Europe.

celebrates the seminal work of Hideo Kojima, Japan's master game creator, and creator of the stealth action game genre. Mr Kojima's vision and art for story-telling has seen the METAL GEAR SOLID series become a global phenomenon. The player controls a secret agent from an elite special forces unit who is sent on solo stealth missions through enemy installations, vast jungles, and the thick of battle. Mixing action, stealth, and set within a stunning universe inhabited by a wide range of sympathetic and utterly evil villains,

marks a perfect chance to reacquaint with, or sample for the first time, the METAL GEAR SOLID universe ahead of the release of METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN.

METAL GEAR SOLID: THE LEGACY COLLECTION will be released for PlayStation®3 in September.

Source: http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=719

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Excellent! I've been looking for news on this and came up empty. Thanks.

SgtPepperSteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SgtPepperSteak

I couldn't wait, pre-ordered an import on eBay. I think it's coming from Canadia, just hope everything is compatible on a UK system.

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BleedingStarX

@sgtpeppersteak: you'll need a PSN account tied to the region you got the game from, being from the UK I'm not 100% on what that is but I'm assuming its an American account, to redeem the codes for the PS1 titles

SgtPepperSteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@bleedingstarx: yeah I have my US account ready *rubs hands maliciously*. I already have an original copy of MGS1, but it doesn't run particularly well on the PS3. The gameplay is fine but cut scenes are unbearably choppy, and some don't play at all.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Damn. I just bought the HD Collection yesterday. Figures.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dear Konami,

Please port MGS4 to PS4 and release a version of this there!

That is all. Thank you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.