Any info on if this is still a thing?

#1 Edited by xyzygy (9935 posts) -

What is ground zeroes and is it still a separate entity apart from MGSV? I can't find any info on it and last I heard was that Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain were merged around the time that whole "Moby Dick Studios" and that fake person that Kojima made up to advertise the game was revealed.

#2 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4185 posts) -

I think Ground Zeroes is the first part of the game. But, I don't even remember, otherwise..

#3 Posted by Irvandus (2875 posts) -

I thought Ground Zeroes was supposed to be current gen and MGS 5 is next gen. Who knows at this point though?

#4 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -

It is the prologue of MGSV. They are the same game.

#5 Edited by audioBusting (1489 posts) -

Pretty sure "it is unknown whether MGS5 and Ground Zeroes are separate releases or simply parts of the same game." (from above)

Kojima said something like it being the Tanker part of MGS2, with Phantom Pain proceeding after it.

#6 Posted by bigjeffrey (4904 posts) -

This is all you need to know.

@n7 said:

It is the prologue of MGSV. They are the same game.

MIND BLOWN

#7 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

With Kojima I just don't know anymore. Ground Zeroes could be on a separate disc? On the same disc but just the beginning of MGS V? Split in half? Who knows!

#8 Edited by BaneFireLord (2918 posts) -

Considering the same clip of that kid with the headphones in his chest was in both the Ground Zeros demo and the MGSV trailer, I'm going to assume they are the same game.

#9 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

It's actually just David Hayter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.