Hideo Kojima slips up - or did he? New Phantom Pain info!

#1 Edited by N7 (3658 posts) -

Hideo Kojima recently tweeted an image of what appears to be a trailer being edited, with the thumbnail stuck on Game Designer - Director - Producer. It's the file name that draws the attention of eagle eyed fans, however.

"TPP_GDC2013"

TPP? Could it be... The Phantom Pain!?

Nothing is accidental when it comes to Hideo Kojima, so what are the chances that this could be a not-so-direct confirmation that KojiPro were behind it all?

Or maybe the tweet is CG...

Link to original article

#2 Edited by MachoFantastico (4862 posts) -

Isn't he going to be revealing more at GDC anyway? Though that was obvious?

But like you said, he might just be messing. I don't think so though.

#3 Posted by psylah (2183 posts) -

Are you being serious?

You can't be serious.

#4 Posted by N7 (3658 posts) -

@trueenglishgent: Yep. Full on 90 minute Fox Engine presentation where he's going to show off Ground Zeroes, and where The Phantom Pain will also be "unveiled".

#5 Posted by Max_Cherry (1151 posts) -

The Phantom Pain for the PS4 and next generation consoles. It's also MGS5.

#6 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (294 posts) -

A confirmation that the sky is blue, but a confirmation nonetheless! :P

#7 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12004 posts) -

The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes will have Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons style connectivity. CONFIRMED.

#8 Edited by ShaggE (6636 posts) -

TPP clearly stands for "Totallynot Phantom Painwhichistotallynotmetalgear".

#9 Posted by Jason_E_Sigler (123 posts) -

He also ran down on Twitter how the Fox Engine will focus on photo-realism, specifically with reference to the game he ... er, Joakim is making in The Phantom Pain. I'm sure he realizes what he did ... right?

#10 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3971 posts) -

None of this is a slip up people, gotta realize this by now.

#11 Edited by Benny (1955 posts) -

In true Dark Knight Joker fashion, something has happened that isn't seemingly 'part of the plan' and everyone is losing their minds.

#12 Edited by Stonyman65 (2822 posts) -

None of this is a slip up people, gotta realize this by now.

Exactly. It's Kojima we're talking about here after all. Everything he does was all thought out probably months, if not years ago.

Remember the shit he did back during MGS2? How crazy all of that was?

I'd put nothing past him at this point.

#13 Posted by Demoskinos (15106 posts) -

I'm telling you man just you all wait and see #TEAMCG is going to be right. GDC son! Can't wait.

#14 Edited by BasketSnake (1267 posts) -

I'm leaning more towards CGI after laughing it off the first time I watched the interview but I have my own theories now and we'll just have to wait and see. I don't think Mogren exist. I think it's Kojima OGRE'ing us.

#15 Edited by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

Kojima announce it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.