Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Posted by FluxWaveZ (19155 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Is Joakim Mogren CG? (417 votes)

Yes, he is CG. 29%
No, he is real. 71%

Above is the interview in question. The first post in this NeoGAF thread demonstrates the possibility that Joakim Mogren, supposed CEO of Moby Dick Studio, was possibly not a real person in that interview and is actually CGI.

I did not see a poll for this here on GB (only this thread), so I decided to make one as the opinion is virtually split on NeoGAF and I want to see what people think here. My vote is that he's real.

#1 Posted by N7 (3570 posts) -

I can't wait for this guy to go back to his family and commit seppuku because everyone is calling out his defects as being proof he's not real.

#2 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

That interview is so wonderfully stupid.

#3 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (952 posts) -

Nope.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (13853 posts) -

Er the hell is this all backwards for?

#5 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (952 posts) -

@demoskinos: Youtube users trying to avoid copyright claims by claiming if it's flipped, it's their own "creative take" on the video.

#6 Posted by Pazy (2553 posts) -

Er the hell is this all backwards for?

In case Spike try to take it down.

#7 Edited by Demoskinos (13853 posts) -
#8 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Man, I really hope that it is all CG, just so this whole thing gets even weirder.

#9 Posted by 49th (2543 posts) -

No, of course not that's dumb as hell.

#10 Posted by Demoskinos (13853 posts) -

Also is there a weird white border around the youtube embed for anyone else? Its really weirding me out here man.

#11 Posted by Subjugation (4693 posts) -

How could you think that is CG? Honestly.

#12 Edited by Zero_ (1970 posts) -

LOL.. that ending. I fucking love you crazy Kojima, keep being crazy.

#13 Edited by PersonaUser (14 posts) -
THE BEST PART

#14 Posted by Nightriff (4344 posts) -

He is an actor but why is the clip backwards?

#15 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

So who here thinks FluxWaveZ is not a real person and is actually CGI?

#16 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1783 posts) -

HOW DEEP DOES THIS RABBIT HOLE GO AAAAAA

#17 Posted by Demoskinos (13853 posts) -

@subjugation: The skin tone looks weird. It has kind of a shinyness to it that CG has even good CG.

#18 Posted by Petiew (1278 posts) -

@guided_by_tigers said:

He's an intelligent, constantly learning AI that crawls news sites, and comments sections in order to communicate with us. His coding was written by Kojima.

#19 Posted by ragbag (42 posts) -

YOU CRAZY FOR THIS ONE HIDEO.

#20 Edited by ModernAlkemie (356 posts) -

Of course not. That theory is preposterous! He's obviously some kind of alien.

#21 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

i'm cg.

#22 Posted by ThunderSlash (1369 posts) -

The Selection for Societal Sanity has begun.

#23 Edited by Demoskinos (13853 posts) -

The La Le Lu Le Lo?!

#24 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19155 posts) -

@thunderslash said:

From current results, it seems that GB has mostly voted what I believe to be the sane choice. Current NeoGAF results:

#25 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1212 posts) -

How can anything be sane in relation to that video? I wish it was CG because that would only make this entire thing crazier.

#26 Edited by planetfunksquad (368 posts) -

I have no idea how those people on GaF can really believe that it's CG. They must be trolling. I cannot even comprehend that kind of stupid. Fuck.

#27 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

I have no idea how those people on GaF can really believe that it's CG. They must be trolling. I cannot even comprehend that kind of stupid. Fuck.

here CG

#28 Edited by TheHT (10275 posts) -

i don't know, but that's the best ending to any interview i've seen.

#29 Posted by planetfunksquad (368 posts) -

@darji: You are deluded if you think that guy up there is as fake as that woman's face.

#30 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

No. Geoff Keighley is CG.

#31 Edited by Demoskinos (13853 posts) -

@planetfunksquad: There are extremely subtle nuances to human facial expression that I don't think CG is going to be able to recreate any time soon. If you really look at the video there is just something "off" about it. Besides, think of the logic behind this if Kojima puts this interview out on national TV like this no explanation at all and everyone doesn't realize they are seeing CG what kind of better promotion and marketing is that?

That doesn't mean that Joakim is entirely CG there has to be a real actor playing his real counterpart which is why Geoff tweeted the picture of him full frame you can obviously see his torso and his T-Shirt. When he is in-frame in the interview anything below his neckline is indistinguishable you aren't bothered by this fact if you aren't looking for it especially if you see the picture of him full frame before and see that he was wearing a black T-Shirt. Your mind fills in the gaps. The interview WAS in CG. Why else do you think there was a surprised expression at the end when the Fox Engine was mentioned? It was a subtle clue.

#32 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

No. Geoff Keighley is CG.

Well duh, that's common knowledge.

#33 Posted by Demoskinos (13853 posts) -

I mean seriously people LOOK at the neckline. Its a floating CG head people.

#34 Edited by FFFFFFF (75 posts) -

I think a lot of the inconsistencies can be explained by tight bandages binding and pinching his face.

If it was CG that last surprise shot wouldn't look like bad acting. You would have had people working on it for a long time, right? They would have probably not let that go as good enough.

Don't out crazy this crazy.

#35 Posted by Yummylee (20571 posts) -

Nope, and it's not Cliff Bleszinski either.

#36 Posted by planetfunksquad (368 posts) -

@demoskinos: Just to clarify before I respond, are you saying that guys whole head (including the bandages and the mic that is pinned to his shirt) is CG, or are you saying that the eyes and mouth are CG'd onto an actors body as in @darji's post?

#37 Posted by Zithe (1045 posts) -

Looks pretty real to me. Mostly little things about the eye movements and expressions. I will be very impressed if it turns out to be CG.

#38 Edited by Pr1mus (3513 posts) -

I think Kojima may have crossed the line where i'm no longer able to follow his insanity with this interview. That whole thing just made me uncomfortable.

As for CG or not it looks CG to me. Maybe they CG'd a real person. The eyes don't look real at all in that last shot. Way too clean.

#39 Edited by mrfluke (4843 posts) -

I mean seriously people LOOK at the neckline. Its a floating CG head people.

yea i agree, plus to me, the eyelids and the eyebrows look a bit like cg blur.

i love that kojima is pulling this crazy ass stunt.

#40 Edited by Kerned (1168 posts) -

That gaf thread is ludicrous. I don't understand what you need to be on to think that's CG, but I want some.

#41 Edited by Demoskinos (13853 posts) -

@planetfunksquad: I'm saying the entire head in the interview shot IS entirely all CG but it is based off of a real person. Wanna know why the bandages? Because of the hair. If you got to see his hair it would be a dead give away that it was CG as real hair is something CG still hasn't gotten right yet.

@kerned A HEALTHY DOSE OF THE TRUTH MAN.

#42 Edited by Bishna (334 posts) -

I want to live in a world where that interview was in some way altered visually, just to fuck with us. My vote goes toward willing such a world into existence.

#43 Edited by Kerned (1168 posts) -

@demoskinos: I just don't buy it. The lip synching and eye movements are just too perfect. If that's CG, I'll eat my PS3.

#44 Posted by dgtlty (147 posts) -

How could you think that is CG? Honestly.

I can't believe it either. People are crazy.

#45 Edited by TruthTellah (7642 posts) -

heh. There is basically zero chance he is CG. That's a funny prospect, but it's also absurd. You could achieve a screenshot of that quality, but video of that quality is simply not possible. Not unless you think they spent a few years developing this one interview, and even then, there are clear details in the eyes, neck, and shadowing that just aren't feasible yet.

Again, it's a funny thing to imagine though. :)

#46 Posted by Demoskinos (13853 posts) -

@kerned: Reality is stranger than fiction son. Watch the interview again and look at Geoff notice the hue of his skin tones the textures of his eye brows the movements of his eyes and facial muscles etc and then notice the harsh pan over to Joakim. Its good its damn good CG but it is still in fact CG. So get that salt and pepper ready for your PS3. =p

#47 Edited by Kerned (1168 posts) -

@demoskinos: I would LOVE to be wrong about this, believe me. We'll see.

#48 Edited by TruthTellah (7642 posts) -

Now, if someone wants to suggest that Keighley never met with this man, I think that's likely. There are clearly some shenanigans going on, but him being a CG character isn't one.

#49 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

I really love how crazy this has gotten, the ending was pretty great.

#50 Posted by Demoskinos (13853 posts) -

Points worth noting:

• The upper eyelids only half drop. The attached skin doesn't move at all. (i.e. the eyebrow, the recess below the eyebrow)
  • The lower eyelids simply don't move. I don't know about you, but I can't move my upper eyelids independently of the lower. More-so, when you are shocked or taken aback by something, the natural is to winch/squint.
  • The point of light in his pupil doesn't move in relation to his head movement. In fact it's static within the pupil at all times.
  • The shadows around the bandages on the right of the image are not consistent with the head movement

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.