Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 18, 2014

The stand-alone prelude to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, giving players a taste of the new open-world gameplay mechanics while setting up the main game's story, as Snake (Big Boss) must infiltrate a prison camp to rescue his comrades.

Just a thought

NateDawwg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Could david hayter possibly being doing the voice over for the deja vu content ,i know its a really long stretch but anybody think its possible.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

David Hayter voices Kiefer Sutherland's arm in the game. He's the final boss... Biggest Boss

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Nekroskop

There are two Big Bosses. One of them is the real deal, and the other is Decoy Octopus(the guy with the disfigured face in the trailers) who's keeping the legend alive while Big Boss is in a coma at a hospital after an accident that happened in 'Ground Zeros'. The Phantom Pain is taking place 6-10 years after GZ and has BB waking up from the coma and taking back his legacy from the now corrupt Decoy Octopus aka Fake Big Boss.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

David Hayter voices Kiefer Sutherland's arm in the game. He's the final boss... Biggest Boss

No Caption Provided

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:
    @gunstarred said:

No Caption Provided

What the fuck! I was hoping to get some sleep at some point today.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At some point, Big Boss is going to run into Solid Snake and David Hayter would be talking to himself.... he ain't no Eddie Murphy.

During my first draft of that sentence, I went with Biggy Boss.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I don't know what shenanigans they are planning but I know Hayter has to be doing SOMETHING. What I'm not sure of yet.

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By emoney244

@nekroskop said:

There are two Big Bosses. One of them is the real deal, and the other is Decoy Octopus(the guy with the disfigured face in the trailers) who's keeping the legend alive while Big Boss is in a coma at a hospital after an accident that happened in 'Ground Zeros'. The Phantom Pain is taking place 6-10 years after GZ and has BB waking up from the coma and taking back his legacy from the now corrupt Decoy Octopus aka Fake Big Boss.

Just stop please.

In the Deju Vu trailer you can hear Kiefer Sutherland say "A surveillance camera?!".

Link: http://youtu.be/04TSd4H8yfE?t=1m4s

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emoney244: If you take the audio out of that clip 5 seconds before that exact moment in the trailer, slow it down 50% and reverse it, you'll hear Hayter clearly say: "A HIND D?!"

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emoney244: If you take the audio out of that clip 5 seconds before that exact moment in the trailer, slow it down 50% and reverse it, you'll hear Hayter clearly say: "A HIND D?!"

Don't play my emotions...

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By RonGalaxy

I keep forgetting that David Hayter isnt vocing Big Boss. What a dumb fucking move. They have a HUGE, dedicated fanbase to that series and they think a marginally famous guy playing an already hugely iconic character will get them more sales, or something? It doesn't work like that Konami. David Hayter's voice work is as much apart of that character as weird, supernatural bosses and nuke firing robots are to the overall series.

Semantics aside, of course, I know Big Boss isnt Solid Snake, but still. They occupy very similar places in my mind, and Im guessing a lot of people associate the 2 together. Kojima certainly does, because David Hayter has played variations of both since the first MGS. Young Solid Snake, Old Solid Snake, Young Big Boss, Middle Aged Big Boss. I mean, Ground Zeroes is set ONE year after Peace Walker (where David Hayter voiced the character), and Kiefer is still voicing Big Boss in that game. Explain that! And Akio Otsuka is still voicing him for the japanese version. There's no two ways of putting this; they are doing this for monetary reasons.

At the end of the day Ill still play it, and Kiefer will (hopefully) be alright, but it just wont be the same...

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12  Edited By impartialgecko

I really don't care who voices characters as long as they're good. Troy Baker did a fine job as the Joker in Mark Hamill's stead. If Sutherland does his job right, it may actually be an improvement over Hayter's inexplicably laboured delivery of Snake/Boss lines that I've had to endure over the course of this series. Yes in some ways it's endearing but the combination Kojima's bloated expository scripts and Hayter's odd delivery needs a shake-up.

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By emoney244

Well judging from the English dubbed intro they released Sutherland is not that great... "KEPTYOUWAITINGHUH"

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

And there is also Kaz, but he's ACTUALLY Decoy Octopus too.
    Also a young Psycho Mantis, but that's really Decoy Octopus.
    Plus, you shouldn't forget that Revolver Ocelot isn't who he really says he is... He is ACTUALLY DECOY OCTOPUS!!!!!

This is such a silly theory, so many straws being grasped at on the basis of "Don't trust Kojima MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!"

Well judging from the English dubbed intro they released Sutherland is not that great... "KEPTYOUWAITINGHUH"

While I agree with Sutherland being pretty flat, the "Kept You Waiting" line was the best one in that video.

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By emoney244

@emoney244 said:

While I agree with Sutherland being pretty flat, the "Kept You Waiting" line was the best one in that video.

For real dawg? "Slice of America.. NICE."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.