Metal Gear Solid V Site Is Up

#1 Edited by bigjeffrey (4711 posts) -

Definitely was put of by the $30 demo stuff, but eh i'm in take my money kojima . Ps4 is getting exclusive mind blowing content announced on cops and cheater channel. Game Does not really look all that next gen but hey it comes out next year so still time to iron that shit out.

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/index.html

Also already know but dem prices.

PricePlayStation 3 & Xbox 360: $19.99/£19.99/19.99 (Download), $29.99/£29.99/29.99 Euro (Retail)
PlayStation 4 & Xbox One: $29.99/£29.99/29.99 (Download)
Box Art
JP Retail exclusive
Premium Package Edition
jp exclusive

#2 Posted by probablytuna (3524 posts) -

That's not a very good cover.... Works better as a poster. Where's the awesome Yoji Shinkawa artwork? Also lack of a physical/retail next gen release outside of Japan sucks major balls.

#3 Posted by crithon (3055 posts) -

so who's designing that figure? Or is it a small little solid statue?

#4 Posted by Vextroid (1354 posts) -

That's not a very good cover.... Works better as a poster. Where's the awesome Yoji Shinkawa artwork? Also lack of a physical/retail next gen release outside of Japan sucks major balls.

Yeah, I hope EU still gets the tradition of Yoji artwork on the cover.

#5 Edited by Ghostiet (5209 posts) -

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that box art. I'd prefer some Yoji Shinkawa art.

#6 Posted by Chaser324 (6263 posts) -

Yes, I would prefer something from Yoji Shinkawa, but I don't really have an issue with the box art.

There's always time to do something more creative for The Phantom Pain!

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Bane122 (783 posts) -

I wouldn't expect a Shinkawa cover. That seems to have ended with the release of 4.

#8 Edited by crithon (3055 posts) -

maybe the cover should be this

#9 Posted by bigjeffrey (4711 posts) -

@crithon said:

so who's designing that figure? Or is it a small little solid statue?

a playarts figure.

#10 Edited by crithon (3055 posts) -
#11 Edited by crithon (3055 posts) -

did anyone notice this, Deja Vu missions, Only on PS4, PS3 limits

Retracing 16 years of history, the PlayStation-Exclusive "Déjà Vu" mission brings players back to the 1998 PlayStation classic "METAL GEAR SOLID". In an age when graphics were limited to blocky pixelated polygons, METAL GEAR SOLID set new standards in videogame storytelling with its memorable characters, cinematic presentation, and complex story. Relive the most memorable moments of the past with this Sony-exclusive mission on PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4. Past and present collide as the characters and camera angles you remember from the 16-year old classic are brought to life the high-fidelity world of MGS:GZ!

#12 Posted by bigjeffrey (4711 posts) -

@crithon said:

did anyone notice this, Deja Vu missions, Only on PS4, PS3 limits

Retracing 16 years of history, the PlayStation-Exclusive "Déjà Vu" mission brings players back to the 1998 PlayStation classic "METAL GEAR SOLID". In an age when graphics were limited to blocky pixelated polygons, METAL GEAR SOLID set new standards in videogame storytelling with its memorable characters, cinematic presentation, and complex story. Relive the most memorable moments of the past with this Sony-exclusive mission on PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4. Past and present collide as the characters and camera angles you remember from the 16-year old classic are brought to life the high-fidelity world of MGS:GZ!

Yeah, it was announced today. Play as original snake

#13 Posted by crithon (3055 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: the site is boasting a few images that look closer to MGS1, the old Genome soldiers, hind D gunship and a MGS1 style select screen

Curious about PS3 limits? Still hope it's on par with MGS4's shadow moses sequence..... so is this a paid demo? It's discounted price, it's a prolog, how big is it? blah

#14 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1062 posts) -

So... "Classic Snake", huh?
ReTarDedFisHy doesn't like doubting Kojima it feels like blasphemy.

#15 Edited by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

The deja vu mission looks like it's just a skin of the main Ground Zeroes mission--complete with you savin the DARPA Chief in the cage where Chico would reside--but still, pretty funny all the same. Especially that it's actually PS1 Snake as opposed to Shadow Moses Snake done up in Ground Zeroes quality.

#16 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1104 posts) -

The shooting in that video and the other longer videos I've seen looks way clunkier than I thought it would. Kinda goes really bad with how good everything else looks visually.

#17 Posted by bigjeffrey (4711 posts) -

@crithon: I think in previews they said it's like 1 chapter so pretty much a demo. Not sure if that accurate but that's what i read or what i think i read.

#18 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4138 posts) -

Well at least its on 360. Good stuff!

#19 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2860 posts) -

Will Hayter be the voice of Snake?

#20 Posted by crithon (3055 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: reading it, it's the entire Cuba base..... could be as big as MGS3's russian base, there are a couple of side quests.... lets imagine maybe on par with Peace Walker..... guesses, guesses guesses. If lets say it was on par with one of the chapters of MGS4, then maybe I could really see the price point actually worth it..... Just right now kinda curious how much content is worth getting the PS4 version and the PS3 is limited deja vu missions.

#21 Posted by bigjeffrey (4711 posts) -

Will Hayter be the voice of Snake?

Most likely 24 dude

#22 Edited by fetchfox (1217 posts) -

@probablytuna: Yeah, there are so many great art pieces to choose from... collectors edition maybe, I would love to have both MGSV in a cool steelbook case.

#23 Posted by Emoney244 (152 posts) -

Why is there no retail PS4 version in the US...?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.