Release Date March 18th 2014 Exclusive content detailed.

#1 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 n March 18, Konami announced.

Whereas the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 versions will feature an exclusive “Deja Vu” mission, where players become Classic Snake, the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions will feature an exclusive “Jamais Vu” mission, where players become Raiden.

Source

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

#2 Posted by cmblasko (1242 posts) -

warning: this is canon

#3 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (5055 posts) -

Getting this shit for Raiden

#4 Edited by Nights (614 posts) -

Well that's unfortunate (for me). I have a PS4 and I'd much rather have the Jamais Vu mission. I sure as shit won't buy this for the 360. Man, exclusive content is a bummer.

#5 Edited by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

@nights: Knowing konami i bet you will be able to buy the jamais vu mission 6 months later as DLC!!! same with the deja vu mission on Xbox.

#6 Posted by Wampa1 (672 posts) -

Hey there Snatcher references!

#7 Posted by AlexGBRO (297 posts) -

#5 is right it will be just a timed exclusive for xbox so you will be able to get later

#8 Posted by GunstarRed (5191 posts) -

Nice melon.

#9 Posted by Tesla (1923 posts) -

I'm excited to play new Metal Gear in a few months, even though the Deja Vu exclusive stuff I'll be playing doesn't look anywhere as good as Jamais Vu. Hopefully there will be some neat little easter eggs for long time fans like myself, but blocky snake and "classic camera angles" don't sound nearly as fun as Metal Gear Rising mixed with Snatcher.

Oh well, I'll buy Jamais Vu later on down the road during a sale or something.

#10 Posted by Nights (614 posts) -

@nights: Knowing konami i bet you will be able to buy the jamais vu mission 6 months later as DLC!!! same with the deja vu mission on Xbox.

That's probably a safe bet.

I hadn't really noticed it before, but Ground Zeroes gives off a serious Chaos Theory vibe.

#11 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4212 posts) -

Yea, I'd rather have a Raiden mission. I'm sure as shit getting this on XONE, then.

#12 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3337 posts) -

Hrm.

My only thing with this is what is the point of playing as Raiden if you can't cut stuff up with a sword? They didn't show any sword action but it'd be crazy if they didn't have that at all. Right?

#13 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4816 posts) -

Are people seriously trying to get hype over a Raiden side-mission in MGS5?

Fuck, now I've seen everything.

#14 Posted by White (1357 posts) -

I like how the soldier on the plane was holding the melon as if it's essential military equipment.

#15 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11039 posts) -

If that Raiden mission played like Metal Gear Rising, then that would be cool. But that looks like it plays the same, aside from him being able to run faster, and that's kinda lame.

Still, we have a release date now, so I can start counting the days until I can play it (on my PS4).

#16 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

Man the Raiden one looks much more interesting^^

#17 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (895 posts) -

FUCKIN' SNATCHERS

This looks so silly, I love it. Way more into it than MGS1 nostalgia for the eighteenth time.

#18 Edited by crithon (3273 posts) -

soooooo, still coming to 360 and PS3 and no "edited version content for 360" unless they skipped that. Is there any news this comes along with release of MGS5?

#19 Posted by jclane (337 posts) -

So Ground Zeroes, Dark Souls 2, Titanfall and Second Son all in the span of a few weeks?

GG, wallet, GG.

#20 Posted by FLStyle (4707 posts) -

MGR's Custom Cyber-Ninja Raiden vs. Snatchers, so jealous of the Xbox exclusive, I can only hope MGS1 Snake vs. Mantis in GZ is just as good.

#21 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4212 posts) -

Those Neogaf comments are amazing..

Fuck yeah.

Until then, this ain't going to be in my household, which is shit because I've owned every single MGS game out there.

Kojima is such a damn traitor. MGS should have stayed a PS/PC exclusive. I thought X-Bro's only played Halo?

What a slap in the face, f*ck you M$ and Kojima.

Will get the awesomer xbox version.

I'm so fucking pissed at this shit, I can't believe Kojima would do something like this to his loyal fans. After all that talk about MGS's home being Playstation, ugh Kojima just shot himself in the foot with this shit.I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MGSV for either system, nor will they purchase any of Konami's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has just fucked Konami and alienated an entire market with this move. Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel MGSV and the exclusive content for Xbox One or you can kiss your business and fans goodbye.

So it wasn't cutting content when it was just Playstation getting exclusive content? Look I'm getting this for PS4 and I would LOVE to have this mission, but NO ONE made a big deal when it was just PS getting exclusive content. Now the Xbox versions get seemingly superior exclusive content and now everyone wants to cry foul.

I was upset about this and about to make a hateful post about exclusive DLC and this or that, but then I thought, hey, that's just the way we gotta roll these days, so why not embrace it? Konami, I will buy both versions to have all the DLC! <3 That is disgusting, don't encourage them.

Kojima you cad! After all of my years of patronage and support, this is how you repay me?

Xbox version looks bad anyway, so they can have their overpowered Raiden. Do tell. How does it look bad? What looks so bad about it? Looks the exact same as the PlayStation version to me, man.

I did not want to get this on Xbox. (sigh)

WTF @ the Snatcher references, this is way more interesting than the PS Solid Snake thing. I hate the concept of "console exclusive content." YES I'M MAD

Comments on this video are hilarious.

F***. YOU. UP. THE. ASS. For the lame playstation exclusive.

Jesus Christ. So many hates from Sony fans. Don't you remember you still have MGS4 exclusive for PS platform? Aren't Xbox fans deserve some exclusive contents?

Too many "MS money hats" talk. So whatever MS did to have exclusives is money hats and whatever Sony did to have exclusives is good cooperation, nice funding projects, great support to 3rd parties. So sick of this....

Disappointed with this. Was routing to get the PS4 when this game comes out but now I'm slowly drifting towards an Xbox one unless I get a really sweet deal with a PS4 and Vita to take advantage of the remote play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.